Tuition Negotiation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chattyadiga

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is staying safe :)

I am looking for some advice. I have received offers from Western and Temple and am torn between the two schools. I have received scholarship offers that help, but am looking for a way to ask for more financial help in making my decision easier, so I can go with the more affordable choice. Has anyone gone through the process successfully or has any advice on how to approach the situation? Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd avoid it completely. Take what you already have, beggars can't be choosers. They have plenty of other applicants they can give money to

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is staying safe :)

I am looking for some advice. I have received offers from Western and Temple and am torn between the two schools. I have received scholarship offers that help, but am looking for a way to ask for more financial help in making my decision easier, so I can go with the more affordable choice. Has anyone gone through the process successfully or has any advice on how to approach the situation? Thanks in advance :)

No, I don't think anyone has asked a program for more money after an acceptance.
You are risking the chance of losing that seat by asking for more money.
Be happy with the acceptance and the money and move on, not everyone gets $$$.
If you're looking for more 'affordable choices' then consider another field.

Reactions: 1 user
I would also like to add that if you want to go to, say, Temple, but received more scholarship from Western; you can ask temple to match the scholarship. But don’t ask any of the programs to give you more money, unless it’s for matching scholarship.

Reactions: 1 user