Tufts VS UW-Madison VS LSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zsnyder

UW-Madison SVM 2026
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am incredibly torn and would love some advice! I am currently deciding between the three vet schools. I am incredibly lucky to have gotten in to LSU, UW-Madison and Tufts but I am now left with a huge decision. I am OOS so after financial aid I imagine the prices will be pretty similar. I would love any advice or even an explanation as a current student/accepted student of why you choose that school. How you like it there, what you wish was different, etc. I am interested in wildlife, conservation, and exotic/zoo animal medicine. I plan to visit these 3 schools before decision day but would love to hear first accounts and experiences with the school!

I really love the idea of UW-Madison, I have family close and connections to one of the zoos close by. I heard they are working on construction and wonder how that will affect student and studying life until that is completed.

Tufts has a great wildlife program and also a rehab center on campus, LSU has many opportunities for wildlife and exotics as well as they have a raptor center.

I just honestly don’t know much about these schools and my research has only taken me so far. Any help you all can give me I would greatly appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I am incredibly torn and would love some advice! I am currently deciding between the three vet schools. I am incredibly lucky to have gotten in to LSU, UW-Madison and Tufts but I am now left with a huge decision. I am OOS so after financial aid I imagine the prices will be pretty similar. I would love any advice or even an explanation as a current student/accepted student of why you choose that school. How you like it there, what you wish was different, etc. I am interested in wildlife, conservation, and exotic/zoo animal medicine. I plan to visit these 3 schools before decision day but would love to hear first accounts and experiences with the school!

I really love the idea of UW-Madison, I have family close and connections to one of the zoos close by. I heard they are working on construction and wonder how that will affect student and studying life until that is completed.

Tufts has a great wildlife program and also a rehab center on campus, LSU has many opportunities for wildlife and exotics as well as they have a raptor center.

I just honestly don’t know much about these schools and my research has only taken me so far. Any help you all can give me I would greatly appreciate it!
hey so i'm a first year at tufts with a wildlife focus, but i'm distracted by a looming immunology exam. i volunteer in the wildlife clinic on campus but it took rearranging my schedule and i'm feeling the cost of that right now as i scramble for exams.
if you tag me or dm me in a couple days i can get back to you w more thoughts; there's a similar thread floating around where a few of us were talking about the importance of networking & that should be among the highest priority with wildlife; if prices are truly the same or similar across the board i'd reach out to individual wildlife/exotics faculty at the school to see how students are involved with them & what they can do.