Tufts Class 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
compugirl said:
hey snsethy!

i read somewhere on this thread that we dont need textbooks during our first year because everything is in the syllabus. Are these coursenotes that we purchase, or powerpoint/ handouts that we can print out off the internet?

thanks so much for all this info! i'm so excited to start school!

You're given the syllabus for everything except immuno...and you don't need it for that really, it's easy. You will need a few textbooks for gross and probably a few other classes. the board review book for gross is really good to have, it simplifies things and is good for a last minute review before the exam. There are also a lot of things on TUSK you can print up (that's the database that we have to use) such as histo slides, lecture notes, and the like.

Members don't see this ad.

snsethy,

how was the courseload when you first started at tufts? how did second semester compare to first? how are the professors first and second semester?

bickle-- how did you go about finding your apt in malden? (the paper, online postings, walking around malden? )

do any of you guys know anything about the apt complex on 62 boyleston? Does anyone have a phone number of the rental office at this apt?

thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
compugirl said:
bickle-- how did you go about finding your apt in malden? (the paper, online postings, walking around malden? )

do any of you guys know anything about the apt complex on 62 boyleston? Does anyone have a phone number of the rental office at this apt?

thanks guys!

I found my apt by looking at the listings the tufts housing people gave me. I think i lucked out because i was able to secure the biggest 2bd/2bt apartments for a reasonable price.

Who else is getting EXCITED ABOUT SCHOOOOL?????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :love: :thumbup:

Hey Compugirl
I have a lot of freinds who live in 62 Boylston. It is definately a prime location, as it is right near school. and also it is away from the main chinatown. The places r small but nice and reasonable. I think a studio there is like 1000-1200 a month.
Viraj

compugirl said:
snsethy,

how was the courseload when you first started at tufts? how did second semester compare to first? how are the professors first and second semester?

The second semester was easier than the first (june was really easy--3 days of class/week!) but it wasn't 'easy' by any means; it also seemed to go on forever! I think the biggest problem I had during the first semester is that I spent too much time focusing on gross, and neglected the other classes. But then again, I hate studying and would only do it about 8 hours/week if that.

compugirl said:

thanks guys!

http://www.thehamiltoncompany.com/Residential/62boylston.htm

That's the 62 Boylston website, contact info at the bottom.

Hah, once orientation starts, you guys disappear until after your first exam. Gross is brutal, but only cause it's so much info. Remember that. El-Bermani isn't scary unless you let him be. He'll be aggressive with his questions and whatnot, but fear not. He's probably the coolest of all the gross professors there, and most knowledgeable.

So, how you guys like it so far?

Good luck, and if you see me in the building don't be shy.

Hey guys,
Ive got an interview at TUFTS on Nov 15th. I am also interviewing at NYU on the 12th. I will be driving up; now my question is what is there to do in Boston? Ive never been to Boston so Im looking to do everything from finding a close hotel, to sightseeing, to apartment shopping. What do you guys recommend? Would anyone be interested in meeting on Sunday for lunch (my treat?)?? Anyways my stats are Fin major from UF 3.3 undergrad, 3.7Ssci (mostly at UWF). 20/20/20 on my DAT. Do I stand a shot? If UF doesnt work out (in state) then TUFTS, UofM, NOVA, and UNC become my first chioce. Thx in advance

drusier said:
Hey guys,
Ive got an interview at TUFTS on Nov 15th. I am also interviewing at NYU on the 12th. I will be driving up; now my question is what is there to do in Boston? Ive never been to Boston so Im looking to do everything from finding a close hotel, to sightseeing, to apartment shopping. What do you guys recommend? Would anyone be interested in meeting on Sunday for lunch (my treat?)?? Anyways my stats are Fin major from UF 3.3 undergrad, 3.7Ssci (mostly at UWF). 20/20/20 on my DAT. Do I stand a shot? If UF doesnt work out (in state) then TUFTS, UofM, NOVA, and UNC become my first chioce. Thx in advance

Try the Clam or Lobster Chowdaaar, the best in the world! You're definitely have a shot for in state. Relax and enjoy the experience. Good luck!

There's a ton to do in Boston! Although I wouldn't know because I follow the same B-line to school and home everyday and bury myself in books. It's a surprise that I have actually had a chance at all to go climbing (mind you at the expense of gross - but you gotta have priorities man!).

good luck with the interview...you should be fine with your stats at Tufts. I think they said our class (D08) had the highest or second highest incoming gpa (~3.3), and/or DAT scores (~18.7) or something like that...I can't quite remember.