trying to form a studying habit. any tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Libanbolt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I suck at this. I procrastinate and I hate it.

even though school just started like on Monday we still are close to finishing the first chapters. I have studied only a little so far honeslty but I want to be consistent.

I have time to. Mondays after 10:50 am I'm practically free until 7pm where I have lab.
Tuesdays I have a morning lab from 8-11 and a physics lecture at 2pm. that's it

Wednesdays I'm done with classes at 10:50 am. Friday Saturday and sunday I work in the afternoon so basically I am free until 5pm on Friday and sunday. free until 3pm on Saturday.

right now I am only taking organic chemistry, physics 2 and biostatics.

I have trouble trying to study for long periods. I usually find myself touching my phone like after 30 minutes.

how did you guys start your study routine.

Members don't see this ad.

I suck at this. I procrastinate and I hate it.

even though school just started like on Monday we still are close to finishing the first chapters. I have studied only a little so far honeslty but I want to be consistent.

I have time to. Mondays after 10:50 am I'm practically free until 7pm where I have lab.
Tuesdays I have a morning lab from 8-11 and a physics lecture at 2pm. that's it

Wednesdays I'm done with classes at 10:50 am. Friday Saturday and sunday I work in the afternoon so basically I am free until 5pm on Friday and sunday. free until 3pm on Saturday.

right now I am only taking organic chemistry, physics 2 and biostatics.

I have trouble trying to study for long periods. I usually find myself touching my phone like after 30 minutes.

how did you guys start your study routine.
Put your phone up. Take breaks every 30 minutes. If you're having difficulty putting the time in with two classes, medical school will eat you alive.

Reactions: 4 users
Try new areas to study as well, like your school's library if there are quiet areas. I always found that it can help to switch up your study habits and space. I also agree with turning off your phone or something as well if you are prone to looking at frequently.

Members don't see this ad :)
Phone away. Study for an hour then take a break for 5 min.

Make it a routine so you repeat the schedule week after week, and it'll eventually feel right and your studying will improve. Time-management is something you'll have to master if you are so lucky enough to attend med school in this country. Start practicing that now.

My best advice is to find out the most productive study environment for you. Like most people, I am incredibly inefficient at home, but when I am in the quiet study room with other people studying around me, I can study for hours and hours (i feed off the energy of others, im like a leech). I started to pack my lunch and dinner and did not leave campus until late at night on most days.

Reactions: 1 user
The more often the breaks, the shorter they should be. Go early and get as much done before 3pm. Bring snacks. Leave your phone in the car. Take naps if you can’t focus (power naps no more than 15 min).