Trouble with Physics, please help!

Mellie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been reading threads on here for awhile and really want to ask some of your advices about physics. I don't know how to approach it. I have Kaplan subject tests, OAT Achiever, and Topscore, but I don't do too well on physics. Should I be study more off the Kaplan (big book) material on physics more or focus more on the sample tests explanation? Also, which of the above materials is good for reviewing physics? Please let me know how you study for your physics part! Any advices will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have been reading threads on here for awhile and really want to ask some of your advices about physics. I don't know how to approach it. I have Kaplan subject tests, OAT Achiever, and Topscore, but I don't do too well on physics. Should I be study more off the Kaplan (big book) material on physics more or focus more on the sample tests explanation? Also, which of the above materials is good for reviewing physics? Please let me know how you study for your physics part! Any advices will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Mellie, here's what I think would be good for you.

I'd take a day and slowly go through all the chapters in the kaplan big book. Outline all the chapters on paper. Make sure you right all equations down, and understand them! Especially units and what each letter stands for. Then staple your packet together and sit down on the couch and keep looking them over. Review things you're not so good on. Then try a physics section. Then study some more, then do more questions, then study, etc. Just keep doing questions and filling in the spots you aren't as good in as others. Worked for me! The physics on the oat is mainly forces and motion, so don't get too stressed out about the other sections of physics. They're important, but they aren't tested as in depth. Hope my advice helps you out! Do well! :D

Hi Mellie, here's what I think would be good for you.

I'd take a day and slowly go through all the chapters in the kaplan big book. Outline all the chapters on paper. Make sure you right all equations down, and understand them! Especially units and what each letter stands for. Then staple your packet together and sit down on the couch and keep looking them over. Review things you're not so good on. Then try a physics section. Then study some more, then do more questions, then study, etc. Just keep doing questions and filling in the spots you aren't as good in as others. Worked for me! The physics on the oat is mainly forces and motion, so don't get too stressed out about the other sections of physics. They're important, but they aren't tested as in depth. Hope my advice helps you out! Do well! :D

sounds like really good advice! thanks! i will do that since i have the Kaplan book still.