Trouble Deciding Between NECO and PUCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

professionalmiche

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys. I was recently accepted into both NECO and PUCO. I'm having a hard time deciding on which program is best for me. I was really impressed with NECO's clinical program, but I know that Oregon has a greater scope of practice so I'm not sure if I would learn more there. Does anyone have thoughts on either program, the vibes they got from the school, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't go to either school so my advice is limited but what I can say is look at all aspects, not just the school but you are going to be there for 4 yrs. Consider tuition, cost of living, surrounding areas NECO is a much larger school and offers an excellent clinical education. I worked with 2 docs from NECO and their clinical skills and diagnostic abilities are impeccable. Look at NBEO percentage rate and retention rates (how many students are lost from 1st to 2nd yr). Which school has the most student support? Its going to be 4 yrs of strenuous work. Also see if a previous student can give you insight on when you start clinic and actually seeing patients, rotation sites, residency possibilities. Hope this helps give you something to think about to make your decision. Congratulations on getting accepted into two of the best schools!!!!