Translation in Eukaryotic cell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Not involve which

the mitochondrial matrix
the cytosol
the nucleus
the round ER

Nucleus only does transcription, but how is mitochondrial matrix involved?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea apparently I just thought about that too...quiet a few problems on exam kracker is really confusing. And i am scared because i dont know which of it is publishing error...*i just paid 21$ to get access to their forum..........

One of the problem said microtubules has nothing to do with flagellia, and made out of flageillium or something? And i just read my "The Cell" book and confirmed that flageila is made out of stacks of microtubes and they move by kinesin atp hydrolysis... ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea apparently I just thought about that too...quiet a few problems on exam kracker is really confusing. And i am scared because i dont know which of it is publishing error...*i just paid 21$ to get access to their forum..........

One of the problem said microtubules has nothing to do with flagellia, and made out of flageillium or something? And i just read my "The Cell" book and confirmed that flageila is made out of stacks of microtubes and they move by kinesin atp hydrolysis... ?

Flagella are different in eukaryotes and prokaryotes. In prokaryotes they are made of microtubules that arise from basal bodies. In eukaryotes they are made from the protein flagellum.

Flagella are different in eukaryotes and prokaryotes. In prokaryotes they are made of microtubules that arise from basal bodies. In eukaryotes they are made from the protein flagellum.

Hey physics junkie you got these two facts reversed. Eukaryotic flagella are made up of microtubules, whereas, bacterial flagella is made up of the protein flagellum.

For Eukaryotes, the hRNA in the nucleus needs to be spliced, capped, and tagged with a poly-AAA tail before it can enter the ribosome OUTSIDE the nucleus. The mitochonria matrix is really the outer membrane of a once prokaryotic cell, so the DNA is circular, is not in sync with the replication stages of nuclear DNA, and can perform translation during transcription since there are no introns involved.