transitional/prelim interview offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, just saw this message board...

Here's some to add:

St Joseph Mercy Hospital transitional (Ann Arbor, MI) -- email 10/5. (they pay for hotel!)

UC Irvine prelim (IM) -- email 10/7.

Talked to Cedars-Sinai prelim (IM) (LA, CA) -- will send out invites after Dean's letter.

Hope this helps! :)

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know of any prelim-med or transitional year programs in southern cal that have been DO-friendly in past? I applied to all (or majority), but have not heard-except from Arrowhead transitional in Colton,CA. I know most invites go out in Nov, but just wondering for any insider info. Thanks.

HealthONE/Denver, CO - Transitional

No date, though ... hard to get in touch with the coordinator.

Simul

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody hear from AECOM beth israel in manhattan?

prelims:
st. luke's-roosevelt - nyc
graduate - philly
englewood -nj

hey there

i applied to prelim surgery and IM about 2 weeks ago, and i have not heard from any school! i have looked at some of the schools on this thread, and i haven't applied to most of htose so im thinking may be the schools i applied to get back later, but it worries me a little...i mean, prelim for goodness sakes!

anyone else?

originally posted by medstudent2005:

i applied to prelim surgery and IM about 2 weeks ago, and i have not heard from any school! i have looked at some of the schools on this thread, and i haven't applied to most of htose so im thinking may be the schools i applied to get back later, but it worries me a little...i mean, prelim for goodness sakes!

I am in the same boat as you. I applied to many transitionals and prelims and only received one transitional invite and one prelim invite - there are probably 3 or 4 prelims and transitionals mentioned as having offered interviews which I did apply to. Also applied radiology and so far only have 2 invites there. Guess I might have to wait till the dean's letter comes out to get both interviews.

IM Prelim - Santa Clara Valley Medical Center 10/18

unknownMD said:
IM Prelim - Santa Clara Valley Medical Center 10/18

Ditto.

Also Santa Clara Valley Transitional 10/20.

Prelims:
Penn State
York
Geisinger
Albany
Reading

Transitional:
Reading
St. Luke's

I applied to GW and Georgetown prelim IM programs and heard back from both within 4 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Riverside Methodist (Columbus, OH) - Transitional Year; by e-mail

are there any programs on your ERAS list that have not yet downloaded any part of your application? i applied about 3-4 weeks ago, later adding my step2 scores and photo. all the programs keep redownloading my stuff every several days. however, there is this one transitional year program that has not yet downloaded any part of my application.

has this happened to anyone else? i've tried calling them, but they bounce me to somebody's voicemail and i figured that they'd just ignore my message and didn't leave one. could it be that they are waiting for the Dean's letter?

thanks for your input!

Howard hasnt downloaded my radiology application at all and I dont think they are planning to because they took the radiology residency info off their website. When I asked ERAS for my money back for that program, I was told that it was my responsibility to make sure that programs were going to participate in the match or some BS like that.

internal medicine prelims so far:
north shore (long island)
beth israel (manhattan)
cabrini (manhattan)
long island jewish
u hawaii
u miami/jackson mem
cal pacific mc (san francisco)

transitional years:
christiana care
flushing hospital (queens)
sloan kettering
atlantic health (nj)
st. barnabus (nj)
camrbridge hospital

good luck...

rjp202 said:
only heard from three internal medicine prelims so far:

north shore (long island)
beth israel (manhattan)
u of hawaii

anyone know if the transportation to hawaii is paid for?

good luck...

RJP: sorry for being a dork but you HAVE? or HAVE NOT? heard from Beth Israel? Its the only nyc program i havent heard from.

phillybabe said:
RJP: sorry for being a dork but you HAVE? or HAVE NOT? heard from Beth Israel? Its the only nyc program i havent heard from.

you're not being a dork. i heard from them last week, although they still haven't confirmed my requested interview date.

Christiana Care Delaware transitional email today. Anyone hear from the Jersey Transitionals? Thanks!

Stanford Medicine
Santa Clara Valley Medicine

How many prelims did you apply to? (JADED SOUL???) Pm me..

Anyone hear from the NYU downtown hospital prelim program?

prelim at Cal Pacific Medical Center

Cottage Santa Barbara
BWH
Stanford
Mount Auburn

Prelim med: St. Mary (Long Beach), CPMC, St. Mary's (SF)
Transitional: Harbor-UCLA, Scripps Mercy

Can someone with a lot of free time reorganize this into the list format?

Also, St. Vincents in NYC hasn't sent out transitionals yet, right? Just prelim invites.

WOW. I'm crazy.
this thread is 4 years old.

enough panicking...

Prelim MGH yesterday (11/4)

Hello to all, first post in this forum!