Transfer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dude4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there thought about transfering? Or actually is in the process? How difficult it?

Members don't see this ad.

The hardest part is probably getting all of the paperwork together. I've found the process to be fairly benign otherwise.

Did you transfer to another osteo or allo school? How hard was it to get the deans letter.....and is it to late to transfer this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just my $.02

I know of a few students who actually transferred.
They did it at the end of their second year.

The had no difficulty obtaining the Dean's Letter (although keep in mind this is at one school).

On thing though..your reason must be sound..you have to give it some serious thought and be sure you would be able to sell the idea on papar.

Good Luck.

What are good/bad reasons to transfer?

Originally posted by dude4
What are good/bad reasons to transfer?

Reason? We are getting married. I hope that is a good reason enough.

Unless my girlfriend gets matched in Pittsburgh, I will most likely transfer to be closer to her. I'm at LECOM right now and a 2hr drive to Pittsburgh is not bad.

If not, then I'll be looking to transfer at the end of my second year. I wish I could do it sooner, but I hear that most schools look at your board scores to determine eligibility.

As of now, we don't know where she'll end up and the match process is not until March. Right now, I'm wondering what my chances of transferring to a MD school would be, if I cannot get a transfer to a nearby DO school (seeing that there are only 19 schools).

Most MD schools will not accept a DO transfer. They told me that I could apply to their 1st year class. Transferring to another DO school is easiest after 2nd year. One of my friends transferred to AZCOM afetr 2nd year and it wasn't a big deal.
Chris

Does anyone know how to find a list of MD schools that accept DO transfers?!
Thanks.