transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopedoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how easy is to transfer from a foreign school that has a lesser reputation to the "Harvard of the Caribeean", St. Georges?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard about two transfers in St George's back in 97. One was from Israel (Sackler's, I think) and one was from Ross. The Ross student was married to a SGU student, I think. I'm not too sure about it. In 97, I asked Dr Paparo (assoc dean at St Georges, histo prof and my neighbor at Maffiken apts!) if advanced placings were allowed at SGU and he said that it's rare. However, as a former student at SGU and I know how they work, I'm inclined to say that it is totally possible to get into SGU after attending another foreign school, but the real question is, will you be allowed in with advanced standings or will you be forced to repeat your courses? I bet that you'll have to repeat. It make better financial sense for them to have you repeat and it makes good sense for them to accept you because you've proven yourself at another school. They don't have to worry about you dropping out after flunking all your courses.

Spaces do open up in every class due to decelerating students. About 5 students in each class decelerates into their 5 year program.

The best thing is to try and see if they'll take you. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info Carbon Klein! I've been reading your posts, they are very helpful to the future foreign student.

Members don't see this ad :)
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

In my class at Saba there were 3 transfers that I know of (out of a class of 42). Two of them were directly into 3rd year, 1 in West Virginia and the other at U of Wisconsin. The 3rd transfer had to start over (MS1) at Chicago Med. There may be others that I dont know about. I also met a Ross student who was accepted into Hahneman. This all occurred about 3 years ago so I can't account for any change in policies of these schools.