Transfer to Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1078679

Hello all! I am currently a PGY-1 in Family Medicine. I am an IMG, old grad YOG: 2016, have ALL Step scores, including Step 3 and prior work experience in psychiatry in my home country (not residency) and psych rotations here in USA.

I want to transfer to Psychiatry as that is the speciality I enjoy the most and I am the most passionate about and see myself being happiest long term in. I am currently in my psychiatric rotation inpatient at CSU And also outpatient and I TRULY love it- I look forward it. Overall, I know I want to work outpatient.
Can anyone please advise me how I can go about transferring to psychiatry? Esp dealing with having to get a LOR from my Program Director. I want to go about this best way possible. If anyone has done this before, would be truly appreciate. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Others are probably more knowledgeable about the transfer process/likelihood, but have you considered a primary care psychiatry or addiction med fellowship as an easier option if you're wanting to do just outpatient?

Status
Not open for further replies.