Transfer To Feinberg SOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterchiefk57

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My fiancé will be relocating to Chicago, and I am wondering if anyone has any insight into the Feinberg transfer process. Their FAQs mainly states "hardships" as a sufficient factor, but doesn't go into detail on what these hardships may entail.

Members don't see this ad.

This sounds like a really specific question and I feel the best way to get all your answers would be to call admissions and explain your situation to se if you are eligible to transfer. I'm not sure if fiancé relocating would be enough of a reason. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
This sounds like a really specific question and I feel the best way to get all your answers would be to call admissions and explain your situation to se if you are eligible to transfer. I'm not sure if fiancé relocating would be enough of a reason. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm not very optimistic as well, but I would like to explore the options. Calling them would be the best idea as the info they provide is very vague.

its highly unlikely that they would grant you a transfer based on not being close to your fiance.

Reactions: 4 users
On the other hand, there are lots of medical schools in Chicago. If Feinberg doesn’t do transfers maybe one of the others do.

Reactions: 1 users
What you’ve described is not a hardship. It is a crappy situation for you, though. Long distance is really hard.

Reactions: 2 users
To be fair, I do know someone who transferred from my med school after MS2 to be near her husband; they married the summer before MS2 started, iirc. But that’s just one case.

Call, every transfer is very individual.

Reactions: 2 users