Transfer from Egypt To USA??!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuM1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot guyz and sorry to disturb u !

Members don't see this ad.

LOL !! 20 views !!and none bother himself to reply!! anyway lol dat was ma first post here lol and iam happy dat i was talkin 2 maselF!

Dude, i was gonna write back but i was waiting to hear from somebody who actually did that, transferred from Kasr el Aini to the US in his 3rd yr. Since he hasn't called me back, all i can tell u is that i know he had to study for the MCATs to get into Med school in the US. And he started from first yr med school again.

Yr other option is to go to AUC and do premed, it'll also give u a chance to decide what u want) then the mcat then to the US for med school.

Or u can go to 6th October Uni med school, which is "private" and you might be more comfortable in it than Ain Shams/Cairo atmosphere. After that u can study for the usmle's and go to the US for Residency. If u plan early, u can start Kaplan courses for the usmle in ur 3rd yr, and then by the end of imtiaz u can be ready for the residency match, and won't use too much time.

If u want engineering/pharmacy/optometry, that's another whole story all together! And that's really ur call ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
oh finally sum1 answer me!! i thought ppl here just view topics and neva reply !! anyway thx hzma alot !! i didnt know dat dis is a preprofitional programs in AUC !! i see no diff. between our kasr el aini college and 6 oct. da education system is da same ! dis is my point why i wanna move, anyway thx alot for ur info !! i guess changing my major compeletly 2 engineering or even business in a U.S accredited University could be better than spending much time in medicine in egypt and den go for USMLE and in case i didnt do gd in it i will go 2 U.S and work as a tech. not a doctor, but in case i did good i know dis gonna be a gd chance for me !! but da point is when iam gonna start my life as a doctor ??! medicine WAY is very long !! and yeah sometimes it do end wid a gd future for those who are rly interested in spending their whole life studying lol !! and for those who dont have any other options dan staying in egypt !! ya3ni mafesh odamo ela eno yefta7 3eyada w tab3an hay3od fel 3eyada yesh7at zbayen l2eno in every place fe masr feh kam doctor ma3rofen kda el nas kolaha btro7 lohom fa mesh hand7ak 3ala nfsena w ne2ol khalena ne3adi w b3den nefakar fe da ! yes da momken kowayes be nesba mo3ayana laken lama el wa7d byboss le odam bala2i eno fe3lan mafesh mosta2bal fe masr khalas , anyway thx for ur reply hzma, and HAPPY EID ! I know its too late :D ...

No problem. :) As for the mostaqbal fi masr, maybe the others who are there now can tell u better than me. Good luck!

wait so your a med student and you wanna go into engineering? u crazy?
Im an engineering graduate and I HATE IT! im dying to get into med school!

wait so your a med student and you wanna go into engineering? u crazy?
Im an engineering graduate and I HATE IT! im dying to get into med school!

Yeah lol !! because iam a med student in egypt!! in case i was a med student in US or Canada lol i would continuE! but da idEa is our education system in egypt z sick n boring !! anyway i guess iam gonna continue although its boring lol and i need 2 take the USMLE 2 be accredited in US or even the arab gulf countires lol they are askin for da USMLE! yala rabena m3 el gamee3

I would go to medical school anywhere in the world, even in China. Thats how badly I want to be a doctor.

How can you find it boring?

What school do you study in?
my brothers friend studies medicine in egypt too

hi sum1,
well i dont have information about the egypt - us thing, but i feel that i gotta tell u this,
am a med grad, now in taklif, and i hate medicine too, but i didnt have the courage to change careers earlier. wt i feel now is that am stuck! am struggling to find a sub sub sub speciality which i will like and accept as my lifetime career!
so u see, i wanna point out that u gotta think twice b4 taking any step forwards cz once ur in, it will be hard to change ur mind again. medicine is a difficult career and if u really dont like wt yr doing its gonna be a waste of time and u will be torturing yrself without any progress, cz to be successful u have to like wt ur doing to be able to work hard. plz take yr time, and do wt u REALLY want. just put in mind that this is something that u'll do for the rest of yr life!

I totally agree with tinker bell..
But SuM1, i was in the same exact situation, graduated from Kuwait, valedictorian and wanted to go into dentistry, I really screwed up big time the first year (no redoing el7amdolellah). But later on, it hit me, especially after i volunteered in the community and with the IFMSA and stuff. Now, I thank God I found out that this is what I wanted to be, and consider myself an extremely lucky person to have been blessed with this kind of career.

You should spend a long moment alone, with yourself, and try to decide what you really wanna BE and DO, and how and where you want your fingerprints to touch people's lives and your own!

Rabbena ma3ak, it's not an easy decision.

Hello,

I am sorry guyz for being late in da reply, I would like 2 thank U tinker bell and Looli, Yeah both of u are totally rite, its nt dat much easy 2 decide! and by the way i didnt redo or faill any year but my only idea is, i dun rly feel dat i like what iam doing, hope everything gonna be allrite soon and may allah bless u all.

Hello,

I am sorry guyz for being late in da reply, I would like 2 thank U tinker bell and Looli, Yeah both of u are totally rite, its nt dat much easy 2 decide! and by the way i didnt redo or faill any year but my only idea is, i dun rly feel dat i like what iam doing, hope everything gonna be allrite soon and may allah bless u all.

:)
Try to go to the hospital and volunteer in the ER in your free time, that might help you focus on what these 6 long years are all about :)
the first 3 years are extremely boring, I agree. So I would advise that you do that, and wait to make an informed decision after you've started your rotations.

Rabbena yewaffa2ak we koll elly zayyena :)

"Rabbena yewaffa2ak we koll elly zayyena" amen to that brother!