Transfer from Carib School A to B & California/Texas License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preDPM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me on the following scenario please:

If I transfer from Carib school A (no Cali approval) to Carib school B (Cali approved), would I still be able to get a Cali or Texas license to practice medicine despite going for 2 or 4 semesters to Carib school A.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone enlighten me on the following scenario please:

If I transfer from Carib school A (no Cali approval) to Carib school B (Cali approved), would I still be able to get a Cali or Texas license to practice medicine despite going for 2 or 4 semesters to Carib school A.

Thanks
Here we go..........

Texas has no list for Licensure but the approved schools for clinicals in Texas keep spreading misinformation about this. WHY? They make lots of $$$$ off of us! Now these schools that are approved for clinicals also have a better chance of licensure on the case by case basis of Texas.

To the Q

I really do not know? California is the only worry, and they are a weird bunch when it comes to this. They have said in the past "No" but the thing is you will not know till you apply for lic in California if you do this.

More likely is to transfer to a US school and graduate then I think you are out of this wondering.

Will there be a problem if you transfer from a Cali approved school in one country to another Cali approved school in a different country?

Will there be a problem if you transfer from a Cali approved school in one country to another Cali approved school in a different country?
No None.