Transcript Question: Received but not Marked as "Received"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDPHDhopeful07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, and good luck to everyone preparing their applications!

Quick question: I know that my transcript has been received by AMCAS, since they sent an email almost a month ago noting this. However, in the application portal, it is still marked as "not received." Is this typical? Are transcripts typically not marked as received until the application is open, or has something gone wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! My transcripts have been marked as received, the status on my app was updated immediately after I got the confirmation email. If I were you, I might email them and see if there was an error in processing your transcripts. Good luck!

Thank you both for your replies!

Update: I am currently working on a masters degree at the same institution as my BS. While I had communicated with AMCAS re: which "colleges attended" to mark as "transcript not required," it seems that the transcript had been sent to the "graduate" slot, which I had previously marked as not requiring a transcript.

That being said, will that create any issues with the transcript request number, etc., considering that the number corresponds to the undergraduate entry, and not the graduate? (Still not clear on how AMCAS managed to make that switch, considering that the form and request # was sent with the transcript...).

And another quick question: I requested my transcripts before the semester had finished, which was also the first semester of my master's program. So ... Those grades/courses won't be on the transcript at all, but they are on my course list as "current/future." Is that likely okay?

Thanks again! :)