tpr first diagnostic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon0013

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
was wondering how this test compares to the other diagnostics and also the real MCAT. it was the first MCAT diag i took. thought the verbal was pretty tough because of time constraints and some passages were pretty crypted. bio sci wasn't too bad and phys sci is alright. lots of formulas needed though that i forgot and need to go back and review...

Members don't see this ad.

jon0013 said:
was wondering how this test compares to the other diagnostics and also the real MCAT. it was the first MCAT diag i took. thought the verbal was pretty tough because of time constraints and some passages were pretty crypted. bio sci wasn't too bad and phys sci is alright. lots of formulas needed though that i forgot and need to go back and review...
The first three diagnostics are hard. I thought 5R and 6R were more comparible. The PR verbal passages on all test and practice problems prepared me well(I hope). The only big difference I saw between the real and the practice exams is on the practice exams you get a good mix of questions from every area and on the real you might get a majority of questions focusing on a certain area(if that made any since). On my MCAT I had no physics(lucky me) and all g-chem. Verbal was comparable to what I was use to seeing, and Bio was mainly genetics(not good for me). Overall I thought the diagnostics were good preps. Don't focus on your score because TPR scores differently. Focus on the percentage you get right. Hope this helps some. If you need further advise PM me.

TPR diags (the first one, especially) bear little-to-no resemblance to the real MCAT. just ignore it and keep studying, then bust your ass on the AAMC practice tests.