toxicity of dried flowers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nightowl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for the vet students out there; just curious if this scenario is something you've seen or heard about before...

we're in the process of moving, and my dried wedding bouquet ended up on the floor and some of the flowers and leaves were eaten by my dogs. it wasn't dried with any chemicals, just hung upside down. later that night when we arrive home the dogs are both acting lethargic and seem to be very weak in their legs, especially their back legs. We especially noticed it when we tried to take them outside and they didn't have the strength to go down the stairs. They also wouldn't stand up on their back legs when we offered them treats- VERY UNUSUAL for our dogs. I also noticed that they were shaking.

We rushed them to the ER vet and they did blood work which came back normal. they just gave the pups some fluid and sent them home with us that night. We didn't get an explanation for the changes, and they continued to be weak that night, but by morning they were back to normal.

anyway, any thoughts?

of course, bc I'm in the medical field it's just my tendency to wonder exactly what happened, even if they are ok:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.