Touro university CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"above and beyond"?? Well you can talk about anything... any time where you exceeded people' expectations or really went that extra mile. Some people talked about work, volunteering, school, etc... just any time that you feel you excelled in a situation.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys! good luck to all those who are interviewing here at touro. i thought this may be a bit helpful for those who are driving to the interview themselves. its a short video on how to actually get to the farragut once youre on mare island. if you guys have any questions feel free to message me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diGg9_V3JcA&feature=related

Hi Everyone:

I was wondering does anyone here on the forum knows how many students Touro offered acceptance already? I am waiting anxiously for an interview and am pondering do I still have a chance at this school since its already February.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone:

I was wondering does anyone here on the forum knows how many students Touro offered acceptance already? I am waiting anxiously for an interview and am pondering do I still have a chance at this school since its already February.

Thank you!

i think they are conducting student interviews until March. you still have a chance

Hi!!

Just got an invite for an interview! anyone else going end of Feb??

Hi!!

Just got an invite for an interview! anyone else going end of Feb??

Hi bas012:

Do you mind sharing your stats? I havent heard from this school yet after sending in my supplemental! Thank you and congratulations on the interview invite!

Heyy!!! I scheduled mine for the 29th! Congrats on the interview! :)

Thanks. Congratz to u too :)
I have other interviews in Socal the day after. So gonna be crazy!
Are you from Bay area?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Congratz to u too :)
I have other interviews in Socal the day after. So gonna be crazy!
Are you from Bay area?

Wow thats great! Good Luck!! No not from the Bay area, I'm in Socal! lol

i sent mine in on friday... does that mean i will get mine tomorrow? :p

haha, i hope! thnx for mentioning this

wow i just sent in my supplemental THURSDAY... literally 4 days ago and received an interview today!!!!!!! If only i didn't wait so long to do this lol I guess I should consider myself lucky =]

USC and Western! Crossing my fingers. Good luck to all of us :)
P.s im originally from Socal btw ;)
Good luck on the USC one! i never received a response from USC but did interview for Western in Jan.

I just wished they responded sooner so I know whether or not to even take Touro's interview invite! lol

anybody scheduled an interview for oct 6, 2011?

Good luck on the USC one! i never received a response from USC but did interview for Western in Jan.

I just wished they responded sooner so I know whether or not to even take Touro's interview invite! lol

How was your interview with Western? And tips? Mine is not until March 3.
I received email invite from USC last week!

i sent mine in on friday... does that mean i will get mine tomorrow? :p

haha, i hope! thnx for mentioning this

Sorry i think i was still drowsy when i read the email... i just found out... that the interview i got was for the TOURO NY one =/

I just received an invite yesterday. Is there anybody who has received an interview very recently? I read everything in this thread. My only concern is being interviewed by the lawyer and alumni. Does anybody else have any other obscure information about their interview day? I know it's a crappy question, but anything will help.

You get interviewed in a group by 3 faculties. You get stuck in a small room to write an essay for an hour or something. then a very short tour of their campus.

That's all I can remember from my interview.

You get interviewed in a group by 3 faculties. You get stuck in a small room to write an essay for an hour or something. then a very short tour of their campus.

That's all I can remember from my interview.

Much obliged! What color was the room? J/K, but if anybody has any info like that, it would still be useful to me :laugh:. I prepare my interviews like I'm going to infiltrate an organization and obtain secret data.

Much obliged! What color was the room? J/K, but if anybody has any info like that, it would still be useful to me :laugh:. I prepare my interviews like I'm going to infiltrate an organization and obtain secret data.

Hi stig pharm, I received an interview invite too but I haven't scheduled it. Did you already schedule the date? And Do you know what dates are available for us to choose from? Thanks!

Hi stig pharm, I received an interview invite too but I haven't scheduled it. Did you already schedule the date? And Do you know what dates are available for us to choose from? Thanks!

I left a voice message for Ms. Garrido and sent her an e-mail to schedule my interview on March 8th (Thursday). However, she hasn't replied back to confirm. For available dates, I'm guessing it's anytime until May (someone on the forum said this) as long its on a Wednesday or Thursday as the e-mail invite says. I see your somewhat local. Where are you coming from?

I left a voice message for Ms. Garrido and sent her an e-mail to schedule my interview on March 8th (Thursday). However, she hasn't replied back to confirm. For available dates, I'm guessing it's anytime until May (someone on the forum said this) as long its on a Wednesday or Thursday as the e-mail invite says. I see your somewhat local. Where are you coming from?

Thanks I called too but didn't leave a voice mail. I'm from San gabriel Alhambra 626 area

Hi,
For those who got an interview invite, when did you guys send in your supplemental application?

THANK YOU! and good luck on the interview!!

Thanks I called too but didn't leave a voice mail. I'm from San gabriel Alhambra 626 area

I from the Westminster 714 area. My uncle lives in Alhambra. There are a lot of Chinese and Vietnamese people up there.

Hi,
For those who got an interview invite, when did you guys send in your supplemental application?

THANK YOU! and good luck on the interview!!

I got the interview invitation Jan 30th and finished it immediately 2 days later. I hope this helps.:)

Did the school send anyone additional emails asking them to submit their supplemental?

Did the school send anyone additional emails asking them to submit their supplemental?

If they asked you to send your supplemental application, it means that you have passed initial screening and you need to send in supplemental application in order to be considered for interview.

hi everyone,
i sent in my supplemental application around Jan. 19th and the advisor said that my application is ready for committee review but I still haven't heard from them yet. It's been a little over a month, should I be concerned and should i ask them about the status of my application?! :S

I called and talked to Ms. Garrido this morning to schedule my interview day on March 8th (Thursday). After calling, she sent me an e-mail confirmation regarding my interview date. Anyone who wants to schedule an interview day can get a hold of her sometime in the morning.

On a different note, I will fly to Oakland and get to Touro using a rental car. Also, I will be staying at a different hotel/motel than the one recommended by Touro. I'm trying to be cost efficient about this:).

Anyone have interview to tomorrow morning Feb 23?
Let s get to know each other in case we may be in the same group tomorrow.
Let s rock it!!!!

Anyone have interview to tomorrow morning Feb 23?
Let s get to know each other in case we may be in the same group tomorrow.
Let s rock it!!!!

So how was it for you? If you don't mind, would you like share any details?:)

hi everyone,
i sent in my supplemental application around Jan. 19th and the advisor said that my application is ready for committee review but I still haven't heard from them yet. It's been a little over a month, should I be concerned and should i ask them about the status of my application?! :S

How soon after you submitted your supplemental did they email you that?

How soon after you submitted your supplemental did they email you that?

sorry, i submitted my supplemental application in Jan 16th, and then on Jan 19th, they emailed me saying that my applications are complete and are ready for committee review. I emailed them about my status because waiting is really stressing me out now...:confused:

Didn't you get a Touro NY interview? You also got a Western interview as well. To me, that's pretty impressive. I would be happy with that :).

So how was it for you? If you don't mind, would you like share any details?:)

I was alrite. I didnt do well on my writing part just because i could put mu thoughts together. Kind jump here and there.
Oral part depended on who interview you cuz other group got totally different questions than us. Try to answer before other say your ideas :)
Good luck!!

I was alrite. I didnt do well on my writing part just because i could put mu thoughts together. Kind jump here and there.
Oral part depended on who interview you cuz other group got totally different questions than us. Try to answer before other say your ideas :)
Good luck!!

I heard Touro was one of the harder interviews for some people. I am not so strong with interviews myself, but I will be prepared for this interview. Thanks for your input I greatly appreciate it. Good luck to you with Touro.:thumbup:

I heard Touro was one of the harder interviews for some people. I am not so strong with interviews myself, but I will be prepared for this interview. Thanks for your input I greatly appreciate it. Good luck to you with Touro.:thumbup:

the only hard part to touro interview is when they ask you one question with ONE SINGLE RIGHT answer and someone already say the answer

the only hard part to touro interview is when they ask you one question with ONE SINGLE RIGHT answer and someone already say the answer

Guess I better go first then...By the way, was the writing sample straight forward? Did they make you read a 2-3 page article and answer their question in the writing sample? Also, was it like a one single spaced page response? In other words, was just a standard writing sample?

Guess I better go first then...By the way, was the writing sample straight forward? Did they make you read a 2-3 page article and answer their question in the writing sample? Also, was it like a one single spaced page response? In other words, was just a standard writing sample?

depends on the day, essay is different every time. It won't take long to read the article, 2-3 page is about right. They don't care how much you write.

depends on the day, essay is different every time. It won't take long to read the article, 2-3 page is about right. They don't care how much you write.

Thanks Red Angry Bird. Hopefully, you won't be so angry after this application cycle. :D

Didn't you get a Touro NY interview? You also got a Western interview as well. To me, that's pretty impressive. I would be happy with that :).

aww thanks for the kind words... unfortunately, i've only received interviews and havent received an acceptance just yet!

NY touro interview has been declined due to my parents... not wanting me to go... well not declined yet... just been postponed >_< still debating on going there for the next interview 3/13 instead of 2/28

I wish you the best !

aww thanks for the kind words... unfortunately, i've only received interviews and havent received an acceptance just yet!

NY touro interview has been declined due to my parents... not wanting me to go... well not declined yet... just been postponed >_< still debating on going there for the next interview 3/13 instead of 2/28

I wish you the best !

that sucks. should still go because it's our future,

Got an interview invite today! Just submitted last week too, I like how this school is on top of things.