Touro university CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yup, another $1000 is due by may 14
Did you receive something in the mail that you forward with the $1000? I haven't received anything aside from the initial $2k deposit.

Members don't see this ad.

By any chance did anyone hear back from the May 2nd or 3rd interview?? :eek::xf::xf::eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that are going to be attending Touro this August....where are you guys/gals planning on living? Anyone know of places to rent on the island?

For the second deposit, it says to write down our TUCA student ID#. Did they tell us that already? I was looking back at my emails and letters and I never got one.

For the second deposit, it says to write down our TUCA student ID#. Did they tell us that already? I was looking back at my emails and letters and I never got one.
It was written on a letter they should have sent you after the initial $2000 deposit. I think it'll be ok if you don't have it. May be you could write you ssn or DOB on a sheet of paper so they can identify you.
Hope that helps...

It was written on a letter they should have sent you after the initial $2000 deposit. I think it'll be ok if you don't have it. May be you could write you ssn or DOB on a sheet of paper so they can identify you.
Hope that helps...

Thanks! I did get an email confirming that got my $2,000 deposit but it didn't list the student ID :/ but the SSN or DOB is a good idea.

I just got an interview invite for May 17! It's super late in the process, is anyone interviewing on the 17th too? Does anyone have any advice/tips for interview day? I'm pretty nervous about group interviews, how did you guys feel about it? Thanks for your help!

I just got an interview invite for May 17! It's super late in the process, is anyone interviewing on the 17th too? Does anyone have any advice/tips for interview day? I'm pretty nervous about group interviews, how did you guys feel about it? Thanks for your help!

Other members and I posted advice/tips on page 10. Review them! The interview wasn't that bad. Just review the questions on sdn and answer them verbally. During the interview participate in the group discussion, and be confident with your responses and be able to back them up with examples. The interviewers do not only evaluate you on your responses but your communication skills. So speak loudly, clearly, and show eye contact.
Good Luck.:luck:

Is anybody attending Touro in the fall coming from the OC area?

Members don't see this ad :)
lol me too. hey also do you think the MPH is worth doing with the Pharm.D? how many other opportunities does it provide? Also, when does the MPH dual program start for us - the summer (when) or fall? i can't seem to locate the dates and information for it.thks

I did the MPH program before getting into pharmacy and I can say that it's a powerful degree that deals with the primary level of health care. Also, you will see how unpleasant our U.S. Health System is. Yes, sadly the U.S. does not have the best health care system in the world. Whoever said that it was the best is lying.

Hey also do you think the MPH is worth doing with the Pharm.D?
Touro's MPH degree requires 42 units, and if you do the dual degree, pharmacy material overlaps with the MPH courses. So, the MPH elective courses are not required and the requirement goes down to 30 units, which are the MPH core and track courses. These units are taken during the summer so it doesn't conflict with the pharm courses during the semesters. Thus, 4 summers or 30 units equals an extra MPH degree. I think it's totally worth doing.

How many other opportunities does it provide?
The dual degree gives you an advantage in comparison to a regular pharmD, which you will probably need in order to be competitive in the current saturated field of pharmacy. Explained here: http://cehs.tu.edu/publichealth/curriculum/studyoptions-pharmdmph.html

Also, when does the MPH dual program start for us - the summer (when) or fall? i can't seem to locate the dates and information for it.thks

The program starts this summer (next week) or next summer. You have to apply to the MPH program after you get into pharm; thus, if you got accepted for pharmacy late you have to start next summer.

More information is on the link that I posted and in this pdf powerpoint:http://cehs.tu.edu/publichealth/_resources/mphwebfiles/DualDegreePresentation_PharmDApplicants.pdf

Last edited:
i am..have you looked for housing yet?
I have but just mainly online. I'm planning to fly out there in a week or two to actually look at the places I've seen posted online. Have you started looking yet?

I'm a high alternate. Does anyone (from past years maybe) know how many people are in each waitlist category? We should be hearing back about the waitlist this week or next week from Mr. Davis since its already late May.

Also, a question to the two interviewees above me- how did you think your interview went?

CNCP has already started pulling people from high waitlist so I am wondering why Touro is taking so long to give a simple message regarding current status of remaining seats after all the given acceptances.

I'm a high alternate. Does anyone (from past years maybe) know how many people are in each waitlist category? We should be hearing back about the waitlist this week or next week from Mr. Davis since its already late May.

Also, a question to the two interviewees above me- how did you think your interview went?

CNCP has already started pulling people from high waitlist so I am wondering why Touro is taking so long to give a simple message regarding current status of remaining seats after all the given acceptances.

I know someone who got pulled from waitlist about a month ago but Touro did say that they don't start looking at the waitlist till June.

Hi guys! I know of a classmate that was pulled from the wait-list right when school started (the 1st week of August). Don't give up hope yet good luck to you all!!

I know someone who got pulled from waitlist about a month ago but Touro did say that they don't start looking at the waitlist till June.
Hey Banesso :) The letter we get said Mr Davis would send us an update when interviews concluded which was late may right? Hmm guess I am just anxious to hear any news lol

Hi guys! I know of a classmate that was pulled from the wait-list right when school started (the 1st week of August). Don't give up hope yet good luck to you all!!
Wow that is crazy, I wonder how s/he managed to get loan, immunizations, and everything in order when it has to be done prior to the start of school.
Unfortunately, I dont think I would choose Touro anymore if they accept me that late in the process so I PRAY I hear back from them in June!

Hey everyone,
I just received my unofficial acceptance today. I need to now find a safe place to live near campus. Does anyone have an feedback or know of anything?

Cograts on your acceptance. Did you interview this may.

Hey everyone,
I just received my unofficial acceptance today. I need to now find a safe place to live near campus. Does anyone have an feedback or know of anything?
I need to find housing also, I am pretty certain I want to live on the island only since I heard its the safest. I've lived in the suburbs majority of my life and am not ready for urban living...lol..this is a silly question but do any of you wanna meet up in the future or this weekend and check out some places on the island together? Kinda of a short notice...so may in couple of weeks? Anyway, send me PM if you are interested.

To b honest i dnt think I was doing my best during the simply because I've been hoping to get into northstate instead (also waitlisted). Now I wish I would have tried a little harder I'd rather get into a ghetto looking pharm school rather than none lol

Does anyone know if we should submit another application even for thus next cycle in case we don't get in? Pharmcas opens June and alternates are accepted up until the start of classes in august do I don't know what to do if I dnt get pulled from the waitlist

Does anyone know if we should submit another application even for thus next cycle in case we don't get in? Pharmcas opens June and alternates are accepted up until the start of classes in august do I don't know what to do if I dnt get pulled from the waitlist

I would wait until August to submit and pay for another application. They dont hold interviews until September/Oct anyways.

Hey I am withdrawing my seat at touro to go to another pharm school. Good luck to those still waiting... hope one of u gets my seat :)

Hey I am withdrawing my seat at touro to go to another pharm school. Good luck to those still waiting... hope one of u gets my seat :)

Thanks rxgirl3! Which school have you decided to go?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Thnx for letting us know! When dud u interview/get accepted?

I interviewed back in January and got accepted about 2 weeks after my interview. I am going to UOP.... honestly it was a hard decision because I really liked Touro... but graduating in 3 years was just too tempting for me!! good luck u guys!

I interviewed back in January and got accepted about 2 weeks after my interview. I am going to UOP.... honestly it was a hard decision because I really liked Touro... but graduating in 3 years was just too tempting for me!! good luck u guys!

I think uop has a better curriculum than touro in general. The current students i spoke with all seemed really satisfied with their choices of attending there

I think uop has a better curriculum than touro in general. The current students i spoke with all seemed really satisfied with their choices of attending there
UoP has a beautiful campus too. It was one of the schools I planned on applying to but never did because of the Dec 1st deadline.

hiii!

i found a gorgeous furnished 3 bedroom house that would be 500/person about and need 2 female roomies. please pm me if youre interested.

Do you have pictures?! I'm interested for sure ill be a P1 this fall send me some info!:)

I need to find housing also, I am pretty certain I want to live on the island only since I heard its the safest. I've lived in the suburbs majority of my life and am not ready for urban living...lol..this is a silly question but do any of you wanna meet up in the future or this weekend and check out some places on the island together? Kinda of a short notice...so may in couple of weeks? Anyway, send me PM if you are interested.

Lol I am looking for housing too. Living on the island is nicer I think bc it's so close and all.

So will u not be accepting a seat at northstate if u are selected from the waitlist?

Hello Touro students/prospective Touro students.

I've posted this on the main forum as well as the CNCP thread, but I thought I'd post this here.

For those who have (or are thinking about) withdrawing from Touro to attend another school and you have already paid your deposit, please note that it appears under California Education Code 94919(d) you are entitled to a full refund of your deposit less $250.

This is despite the fact that the deposit is labeled as "non-refundable" as you cannot waive your right to this away.

Please PM me if you have further questions, or post them in the California refund thread (click here)

Thank you, and best of luck in your endeavors.

hello there, I will be attending touro this fall as well and am looking for a place to share. Is that house still available? Where is it located?

I'm also looking for housing/roomate(s). I'm going to be a P1. I'm actually planning on flying out there in a week or two to look at places. Is anyone else planning to do the same?

So will u not be accepting a seat at northstate if u are selected from the waitlist?
Sorry just saw your post. Since I got accepted to Northstate as well(today actually :) ;) ;) ) I am going to have to decide between touro and northstate. I already paid both of my deposits to touro but I live close to northstate so its going to be a difficult decision because I like touro's curriculum but northstate's location due to my job and living at home. twentytwelve offered great advice a while back,anyone else have any suggestions about deciding between the 2 schools?
thank you kindly!

Sorry just saw your post. Since I got accepted to Northstate as well(today actually :) ;) ;) ) I am going to have to decide between touro and northstate. I already paid both of my deposits to touro but I live close to northstate so its going to be a difficult decision because I like touro's curriculum but northstate's location due to my job and living at home. twentytwelve offered great advice a while back,anyone else have any suggestions about deciding between the 2 schools?
thank you kindly!

Good stuff! Very happy for u. I'm still waiting on both places so once u decline one of them hopefully I'll move up in the game ;) :thumbup: lol

Btw is the accredation status of northstate helping u make a decision or are u not too worried about it?

Last edited:
Good stuff! Very happy for u. I'm still waiting on both places so once u decline one of them hopefully I'll move up in the game ;) :thumbup: lol

Btw is the accredation status of northstate helping u make a decision or are u not too worried about it?
Thank You! My biggest wish has come true this year! The accreditation status does make me worry a little bit,but I've talked to many pharmacists that I work with in the area and they all said they have no doubt it will receive accreditation.

Thank You! My biggest wish has come true this year! The accreditation status does make me worry a little bit,but I've talked to many pharmacists that I work with in the area and they all said they have no doubt it will receive accreditation.
Are you a pharm tech by any chance? Can you hook me up with a job? Lol jk ;p

Are you a pharm tech by any chance? Can you hook me up with a job? Lol jk ;p
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I agree, I said the same thing to one of my interviewers

I'm also looking for housing/roomate(s). I'm going to be a P1. I'm actually planning on flying out there in a week or two to look at places. Is anyone else planning to do the same?

Me! Well I'm going sometime later in June but yeah finding a place is giving me a headache and it's just craziness. I'm hoping as the weeks pass more listings will pop up