TOURO NY - Interview invites anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heck! I'm in the same class with Sparda and don't even know who he is :laugh:.

Good luck to all those who got interview invites. Just be confident. Do a lot of research about pharmacy and its future. And remember to smile. That helped me a great deal, I smiled before answering a question and that helped put me at ease. Make good eye contact with the interviewers as you answer the questions, that means a lot too.

LOL, I doubt that. My love for the New York Mets should make it clear who I am.

Members don't see this ad.

Were you the guy from Florida? I was the guy with the red tie but with the longer coat and with the longer beard.

I wouldn't recommend driving either, unless you were born and raised in NYC and know all the different highways and how they are connected. That key piece of knowledge helps me save a lot of time.

Sparda, were you involved with the 1pm interviews on the 2nd??

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah ok! I was the guy from Florida. It was a little change of weather to say the least! Now I can put a face to the username.

BTW, thank you to you and the other students for taking the time out and being there for the interview process - def. made it more relaxing. Even after the interview itself! That was cool

hi sparta. i just sent you a message. can you please read it? its my first time using this, so im not sure if i sent the message correctly.

hi,
is any one having interview on monday march 9? im flying from CA and wondering if any of you guys want to share a hotel and cab fee with me. im sure we're all poor having to travel for the interview. so please hit me up so we can cut down the expenses! :p

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for their advice on the interview at Touro-NY. For those of you who will be having an interview in the coming weeks, the best advice I can give is...be yourself. The students who showed us around on the march 3rd 1pm interview, were really friendly, down-to-earth, and helpful. The atmosphere of the school was really homely, as everyone knew everyone, and now I want to be a part of this school even more!! :):xf:

IMO, the location of the school is not as 'bad' as I was anticipating, I was not troubled in anyway and it is nearby the subway. Also you will see a huge banner on the building saying Touro College. I went there first, only to have security tell me to walk further down, around the corner, and go into building 2090, right next to white castle. Thats where you get the lift to the 5th floor.

Good luck to you all with upcoming interviews. All I can say now is Pick me Pick me Pick me!! lol:xf:

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for their advice on the interview at Touro-NY. For those of you who will be having an interview in the coming weeks, the best advice I can give is...be yourself. The students who showed us around on the march 3rd 1pm interview, were really friendly, down-to-earth, and helpful. The atmosphere of the school was really homely, as everyone knew everyone, and now I want to be a part of this school even more!! :):xf:

IMO, the location of the school is not as 'bad' as I was anticipating, I was not troubled in anyway and it is nearby the subway. Also you will see a huge banner on the building saying Touro College. I went there first, only to have security tell me to walk further down, around the corner, and go into building 2090, right next to white castle. Thats where you get the lift to the 5th floor.

Good luck to you all with upcoming interviews. All I can say now is Pick me Pick me Pick me!! lol:xf:

Thanks.

Good luck to all applicants.

i was wondering the same thing 2!!!! anyone attending interview on monday march 9????

I was interviewed on March 3rd at 1PM....i think the interview went well but I kind of struggled when they asked how i would define community service? wasnt sure what to say so the guy had to pretty much walk me through my ans! im kinda nervous because they might reject me because of that!! Any inputs anyone? really freaking out, since Touro is my first choice...:(

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed on March 3rd at 1PM....i think the interview went well but I kind of struggled when they asked how i would define community service? wasnt sure what to say so the guy had to pretty much walk me through my ans! im kinda nervous because they might reject me because of that!! Any inputs anyone? really freaking out, since Touro is my first choice...:(

Try not to worry too much! I was in your interview group too on the 3rd at 1pm! Im sure they will consider the interview as a whole, so as long as you did well on other things you should be fine! Theres not much point worrying now, and I hate the waiting part. I know we won't find out until the end of the month but i still check my email everyday.....so sad! haha

I had exactly the same problem during my interview (for a different question though). Questions like these can mean different things to different people; there's no single correct answer for them. So long as you knew what you were talking about you should be fine.

I got accepted. You shouldn't worry so much about it as long as you did good in other areas. The essence of Touro interview is to evaluate your person as a whole. Good luck.

I just received an interview invite this morning, for tomorrow. That would be an expensive flight so I resch for monday the 16th. Anyone else interviewing then?

Last edited:
The interview was fine until one question completely threw me off. I could tell that the interviewers were confused and knew that I was lost. After that, it was up and down for me. :(

I just received an interview invite this morning, for tomorrow. That would be an expensive flight so I resch for monday the 16th. Anyone else interviewing then?

The same thing happened to me. I also rescheduled for Monday, the 16th.

I'm excited!! My first visit to NYC.

My one and only interview is on March 17th! I am going through a roller coaster of emotions!

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I love this thread!

Did everyone get interview invitation letter? if not, is that mean that we got rejected?

Im pretty sure the school is interviewing up to the 31st march. So you may still get an interview invite. If you don't get any interview letter, then im sure they will send you a letter/email if they have rejected your application. But I think its still fairly early... dont give up just yet! Good Luck :)

Im pretty sure the school is interviewing up to the 31st march. So you may still get an interview invite. If you don't get any interview letter, then im sure they will send you a letter/email if they have rejected your application. But I think its still fairly early... dont give up just yet! Good Luck :)

I'm not sure about that, I'm 95% sure that this week is the last week of interviewing.

Thursday (3/19) is the last interview date.

I'm not sure about that, I'm 95% sure that this week is the last week of interviewing.

Oops! My bad - I was just going by what was on PharmCAS, but i know there have been some changes since those dates were posted on PharmCAS. Go with Sparda...he knows what he's talking about..lol

Any idea of the total number interviewed? :)

You are correct sir. It has been verified by Touro.

Hey Sparda! I know during interviews, it was stated that they would try to get us acceptance/waitlist/hold/denial letters by end of March. Considering that interviews will be concluded on the 19th, do you know of an exact date in which we can expect to receive our letters? And do you know if it would be via snail mail or email or phone call?

I'm hoping sooner than later as to avoid placing a "I know I'll be going somewhere come this fall" deposit at another school, which is due soon. I'd like to save money rather than give it away.....ya' heard!

Hey Sparda! I know during interviews, it was stated that they would try to get us acceptance/waitlist/hold/denial letters by end of March. Considering that interviews will be concluded on the 19th, do you know of an exact date in which we can expect to receive our letters? And do you know if it would be via snail mail or email or phone call?

I'm hoping sooner than later as to avoid placing a "I know I'll be going somewhere come this fall" deposit at another school, which is due soon. I'd like to save money rather than give it away.....ya' heard!

Dr. G-P said she will try her best to finish all the admissions decisions and letters by the end of March, but that's not for sure. The "drop dead" date as she phrased it, is on April 15th; meaning we will hear something between the end of March to April 15th via EMAIL.

Last edited:
Anyone know how many people will have been interviewed by march 19th? Sparda? lol

Anyone know how many people will have been interviewed by march 19th? Sparda? lol

My guess would be around 200 interviewed.

The school is accepting 80 students this year. Does this mean they'll accept 85?

The reason I ask is because last year the school aimed for 60 students and ended up admitting 66 and now, the class is at 65 students. (correct me if I'm wrong)

The school is accepting 80 students this year. Does this mean they'll accept 85?

The reason I ask is because last year the school aimed for 60 students and ended up admitting 66 and now, the class is at 65 students. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Hmm, with them interviewing 16 people max per day, and having 11 days of interviews, I calculate 176 maximum interviewed subtract from that people who didn't show up or cancelled.

there were 2 or 3 that didn't show up on Monday.

There were 3 people who did not show up on Tuesday march 17th.
:confused:

Yeah, I was just putting out the maximum number out there, I don't know how many of the invited actually came to the interviews, but I'll guess around 160. Thus, the shot of getting in is pretty much 50:50. (160 interviewed, 80 spots.)

Those are damn good odds.

Now i can understand what PHARMDSIS112 is going through! I am not able to concentrate on my studies because of the wait! Not that its a good enough excuse.

Well Good luck to all! Touro is my one and only hope!

Does anyone know if Touro has a dress code, and if so, what it is?

UGH! This wait is killing me also, hopefully we dont have to wait till april to hear if we got in or not!I know exactly what phenhamenal and PHARMDSIS112 is going through! Good luck guys...:)

Yo Sparda......

Tell em to speed up the decisions. C'mon man....I know you got some pull there. :D

Yeah, hopefully we hear by sometime next week!

Yo Sparda......

Tell em to speed up the decisions. C'mon man....I know you got some pull there. :D

Yeah, hopefully we hear by sometime next week!

I doubt we'll hear in a week. Probably in two to three more weeks...

Does anyone know if Touro has a dress code, and if so, what it is?

You mean, like for when we are in classes? Well, at the beginning of the year, one person was telling us business casual, and another person was telling us as long as it's clean and not like suggestive or offensive.

Some people still dress up and seem to like it, but the majority pretty much wears what you'll see in any other college.

The students you spoke to at the interviews were supposed to wear their white coats for the interview process.

But yeah, for like orientation and white coat ceremony, I'd dress up, everything else I'm just gonna wear my usual t-shirt/jeans/hoodie, etc.

Has anyone been accepted already? Or are they going to send emails at the same time? I looked at the Pharmacy Acceptance Thread and Touro NY is not on there. So i am guessing nobody has been accepted yet? I could be wrong.

I'm still waiting too... although, I'm not sure the students not being there for my interview due to drinking green beer the night before is a good or bad thing. Thanks guys.

I heard they will most likely accept 85 students this year and for c/o 2014, they aim for 100 students.

Now i can understand what PHARMDSIS112 is going through! I am not able to concentrate on my studies because of the wait! Not that its a good enough excuse.

Well Good luck to all! Touro is my one and only hope!

Ditto! The waiting game has begun... :confused:

Not quite sure why, but Touro is still conducting interviews. Did anyone else hear about this, or invited?

Erm, no. They already picked out their 81 students.

What rocks about being among the first students to attend, WE GOT TO USE THE PEAK FLOW METERS FIRST BABY!

You were incorrect...im in!!!!