Totally Demoralized

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleScholar

Reaction score
MCAT is in a few weeks. I'm considering backing out. I'm totally lost in my life right now and none of this seems worth it. Talk about return on investment, I've been in school forever, the whole time I've been depressed, lonely, no friends, nothing. I have no money and I'm trapped. This whole country is a scam. I don't think I have a future.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to clear your head from all of this. Maybe take a year or two off, work somewhere, do a bit of traveling (maybe road trips), do a hobby, spend some time with people, see the world a bit. You're making yourself miserable to begin with and, from your posts, you don't have a fine tuned goal in mind, a definitive path or direction. Lots of uncertainties and self doubt in your path. I hope you're not being pressured by anyone. Don't let people pressure you, even your family (parents, siblings) if this is the case. You live your life, not theirs, and the future is yours. You do have a future...Maybe forget health related careers altogether. Who knows, you will probably be a lot better and happier. Take some time off is highly recommended. Just be happy that you're not in total debt...yet. The whole country is not a scam, but the student loans system and the schools are a total scam nowadays.

Reactions: 3 users
Youre letting all this control your life. Get out more, go to church, stay in touch with family, meet new people and make friends. Life is short.

Maybe consider a different career path? Doesn’t sound like your heart is in medicine at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like you're under a lot of stress, which is completely understandable with the MCAT approaching. It's important to take care of your mental health during times like this. Talking to a counselor, therapist, or anyone you can comfortably confide could be really beneficial. These moment doesn't define your entire future and there are many ways forward. Take a breather and then approach it with a fresh mind.

Be kind to yourself.

Good luck!

I'll tell you what you are feeling is normal but you won't find any help online especially here. You need to look inward. We all have a future...whether we like it or not.

I sent you a message with some ideas and thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Count your blessings you are debt free with a soon to be college degree. There will be multiple good career choices available to you in healthcare if that is the direction you want to go now or eventually.

Your mental health comes first. Having serious doubts and rushing into podiatry school rarely works out well.

If you are not OK with the fact podiatry is riskier in certain regards than many other healthcare career choices then don't rush into it. Also don't expect a career alone to bring you happiness.

A year off might be what you need for your mental health and to figure out what you want to do next.

Reactions: 2 users
... go to church...
benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF

I did this and recommend 100%. Helps you find yourself, removes the stress of studying, and lets you live life again.

Also… lets you save up some cash 🙂
Wait you took a year off to think about things and PODIATRY was the answer you came up with?

Insert Oof meme

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Wait you took a year off to think about things and PODIATRY was the answer you came up with?

Insert Oof meme
Twas' 13 years ago broski... if only I knew what I did now. :shrug:

However... podiatry has been good to me regardless and I've been very blessed with my job opportunities. Just thankful I didn't end up as associate slave labor.

Twas' 13 years ago broski... if only I knew what I did now. :shrug:

However... podiatry has been good to me regardless and I've been very blessed with my job opportunities. Just thankful I didn't end up as associate slave labor.
13 years ago? I thought mental health was just a tiktok invention along with blue light, seed oils and gravity.

I'm going to leave the country and try to get citizenship in Germany. Have a living accommodation setup with a friend. I've realized I just want a simple life and I just want to have a wife and family and play piano and accordion in peace and worship God and make the world more beautiful.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to leave the country and try to get citizenship in Germany. Have a living accommodation setup with a friend. I've realized I just want a simple life and I just want to have a wife and family and play piano and accordion in peace and worship God and make the world more beautiful.
Heading to Germany for a life of music and simplicity… God, a piano, and an accordion?

Hahahahahaha

You get back to podiatry right now, mister! Feet won’t fix themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.