Topscore or DAT Achiever for PAT practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lhnguyen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need more practice on the PAT section. Topscore or DAT Achiever, which one is best and most true to the real DAT? Which one is best overall (since I don't think I have money to buy both). Please help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

lhnguyen said:
I need more practice on the PAT section. Topscore or DAT Achiever, which one is best and most true to the real DAT? Which one is best overall (since I don't think I have money to buy both). Please help guys!

I don't know about Topscore's PAT, but I know that DAT achiever's PAT is great practice for the real DAT. After using DAT achiever, I felt much more confident about it. It's a lot more difficult than the real exam, but it's still great practice.

Good luck!

Hi, I find the DAT achiever PAT superb!! It really helps me visualize everything better! Highly recommended! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I scored 20, 21, and 20 on Topscore tests, and my real DAT PAT was a 16.
I totally did not expect that. THe angles were sooo much harder. Most of the angles were obtuse on the real deal, where Topscore angles were mostly acute. FOr me, the acute angles are way easy to compare.
Also, the key holes had more complicated shapes on the real test. Cubes were about the same. I suck at folding, so I can't really give you much input there.
It seems like SDNers have had great luck with DAT Achiever. I think you should try it. PLus its like $10 cheaper :)

tennislover said:
I scored 20, 21, and 20 on Topscore tests, and my real DAT PAT was a 16.
I totally did not expect that. THe angles were sooo much harder. Most of the angles were obtuse on the real deal, where Topscore angles were mostly acute. FOr me, the acute angles are way easy to compare.
Also, the key holes had more complicated shapes on the real test. Cubes were about the same. I suck at folding, so I can't really give you much input there.
It seems like SDNers have had great luck with DAT Achiever. I think you should try it. PLus its like $10 cheaper :)

Thanks...I appreciate your input.

Is the Dat Achiever's PAT be better than the kaplan's?

boon said:
Is the Dat Achiever's PAT be better than the kaplan's?

I've only used Kaplan's...and boy was it not even close to the PAT on the real thing. During the real thing, I found myself very shocked with the PAT section. Kaplan's PAT was way easier than the real thing. That's why I'm thinking of buying either Topscore or DAT Achiever so I can improve my PAT score when I retake the test.

You need to be aware that each set of PAT at the Prometric Center varies in terms of its level of difficulty. Without forming a structured set of strategies from a more challenging set of tests (like those you'll see in DAT Achiever), you simply have no idea how overwhelming those tests may appear to be on the "big" day!