Top MD Derm Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midwesternguy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered (I'm sure it has... I just couldn't find any relevant threads in this forum), but what are regarded as the top Derm programs. I know NYskindoc has made frequent reference to Jefferson having a good program, but what other schools do as well. Also, is there any well respected source that lists all of the top residency programs?

Members don't see this ad.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jefferson, NYU, Duke, Emory, etc... etc... would have good programs.

To be honest though, any derm program is great. Apply to many, apply to all, pray for one! :)

UPenn is tops in my book. UCSF, NYU round out the top 3.

Miami, Stanford, UT Southwestern, Emory, Iowa, Jefferson are also top notch from what I hear. The majority of programs seems to be decent. UT Houston is an underrated program in my opinion.

A top list would be highly individual. However, generally, program standards are uniformly high across the nation. Would agree that UCSF, NYU, UPenn and Jefferson (at least some years ago) are all very, very good. But there's many others out there. Do remember, however, that there's many parameters to take into consideration. Not least "chemistry" with attendings, as this can unfortunately sometimes lead to less-than-perfect residencies.