Top integrated/coordinated plastic surgery residencies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjmmd

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering if anyone out there could give a list of the top 10-15 plastic surgery programs.

Although I'd be happy just to match in plastic surgery, it would be nice to have a little better idea which are the top programs.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This is a tough one, the problem being a good plastic surgery divsion does not a good integrated program make. The two with the best reputation for really well done integrated programs and a track record would be UT-Southwestern & Baylor University to my mind. There have been many superior plastic programs who have publicly had mixed results with the integrated (NYU,Emory,Duke,Wash U, UCLA). Case Western's program has a good reputation, but I have seen ads for them recruiting a new chairman meaning Dr. Luce has stepped down. For some of the usual suspects in academic surgery that have integrated programs (Michigan, Johns Hopkins, Harvard-MGH) you'd have to get better feedback from some of their residents on their experience. I would imagine that there could be some real issue on how good the preliminary core surgery years are at those places, as this has been the biggest hurdle for further expansion in the # of programs nationally.