Took the test yesterday, did anyone have this version?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello_hi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was a KILLER! Much harder than Step 1 and a lot more exhausting. I really expected it to be less nit picky than USMLE World, but there was no mercy. I felt like 50% of the test was Musculoskeletal (trauma, fractures, arthritis, muscle weakness/muscular dystrophies, back pain, osteomyelitis, osteosarcoma, they didn't leave anything out!) Also had a lot of OB/gyne, a lot of tough Psych q's where the patient had symptoms of every psych disorder so it was tough to differentiate.

Not as much Cardio as I expected, but definetly a good bit of Respiratory, Emer. Med, Peds, , GI., Renal (tons of UTI's and prostate q's), 3-4 Biostats that I just skipped rite over, 4-5 Derm q's, 1 EKG, small handful of Neuro, ID and Endocrine (mostly thyroid and parathyroid). Expected alot of Diabetes, but hardly any. 6-7 immunodeficiency q's (agammaglobinemia, common variable immunodef or whatever its called).

At the end, I realized they tested all my weak subjects. I think I failed miserably, hopefully they scale the test thru the roof. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar test and thought it was rough too (it'll make me feel alot better)

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't take the test. But I can tell you will be fine, since your mind is so clear about your test.
Thanks for sharing.
Good Luck!:)

I wrote it on the 28th..

Dude/Dudette, chill out..my exam seems similar to yours..
The exam is 350+ questions...naturally it would test a broad range of subjects.

And then of course you only remember the negative aspects of any exam..

if your a US grad then you will ace it. If not then I am not so sure. But US grads dont worry, this test is a joke.

Members don't see this ad :)
if your a US grad then you will ace it. If not then I am not so sure. But US grads dont worry, this test is a joke.

That's both arrogant and wrong. Fail rates for Step II CK are similar to Step I.

That's both arrogant and wrong. Fail rates for Step II CK are similar to Step I.

sorry that is a bit arrogant. Statistically speaking though it is true. Fail rates as I recall are a bit higher in step I as compared to step 2 CK, although for IMGs its a bit tougher due to lack of USCExperience and shelf examinations. Chances are much better nonetheless of passing than failing it though overall. Good luck. Sorry thats what I meant, not the way I stated it above.
You know you probably remember your tougher questions more vividly, and tend to blow by things that are obvious, that is probably why you remember questions that were of a greater degree of difficulty. Also remember please keep in mind that not all questions count. That is why proportionately you feel as if it was composed of more difficult than easier types of questions. Its a psychological thing that has tormented residents and medical students for years lol. Just stay calm and go about your life, otherwise you will just ponder this examination and drive yourself nuts. Been there done that.