too much science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thoughtsmeander

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

love the forum.

I am a junior in college and have been getting decent grades so far...but i am also a humanities major. I have recently decided to go premed. I will be done with biology and calculus by the end of this semester, but i still have to complete general, o-chem and physics before i graduate (in spring 2005!). Should i take gen chem over the summer, and o-chem and physics next year? My gpa is high, so i want to apply to med school asap. I dont, however have much experience with science classes, and am worried i wont do well if i cram them all together like this. Should i work slowly and finish them post-bacc?

Members don't see this ad.

I also decided to do pre-med kind of late (not a science major). I took g-chem as a junior and physics the following summer. Taking o-chem and bio now this year. General chem and physics are fine over the summer. Pre-med reqs can be completed in two years pretty easily especially if the classes within your major are not hard.

Have you taken the MCAT yet? You need to take the pre-reqs (gen chem, orgo, and physics) before you take the MCAT. Also you need to take all of the associated labs as well, so it seems like you will be quite busy.

How much exposure do you have to medicine?

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparition, you are my pre-med twin!

Apparition, you are my pre-med twin!

Same courses at exactly the same time? I bet not the same major though:p :)