Too Late to Submit Navy HPSP Packet? 3.4 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jueves

#FreeJueves
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I got an acceptance to a D School and will be submitting my packet within the next week. Wanted some insight on whether i'm too late for the Navy HPSP Scholarship. My Stats are 3.48 oGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 21AA

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the acceptance! The application process is a bit long and tedious, and it is getting increasingly competitive. People I've talked to said the scholarships are usually gone by the end of January. I'd call your local recruiter today to get more information on where you stand. If he or she does think you can get it you will be busy over the next three weeks getting 2 rec letters (just like the letters needed for your dent school app), references from previous employers, writing a short personal statement, completing a security clearance module, and a fun appointment at a military entrance processing center (MEPS). You will also need to complete an interview or two. If you don't get it this time around I believe you could apply next year for D2-D4 and only owe 3 years of service. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
If you don't get it this time around I believe you could apply next year for D2-D4 and only owe 3 years of service. Good Luck!

To speak to this, when I was applying for HPSP last cycle, I contacted Navy and missed the cutoff for the 4-year. This was fine as I was most interested in pursuing the 3-year. However, when I talked to the recruiter he said that the 3-years go for the roll-overs from the 4-year (alternates, etc). This wasn't just my recruiter either, as it was confirmed by many I know in the Navy.

TL;DR Navy 3-year doesn't really exist if you didn't apply for 4-year. Go another route if you want a 3-year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

To speak to this, when I was applying for HPSP last cycle, I contacted Navy and missed the cutoff for the 4-year. This was fine as I was most interested in pursuing the 3-year. However, when I talked to the recruiter he said that the 3-years go for the roll-overs from the 4-year (alternates, etc). This wasn't just my recruiter either, as it was confirmed by many I know in the Navy.

TL;DR Navy 3-year doesn't really exist if you didn't apply for 4-year. Go another route if you want a 3-year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I can confirm that the 3 year navy scholarship does not exist for new applicants as they are rollovers, they told me the same thing last year.