Too late to apply for AF HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KendoMania

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read some posts saying there was a waiting list for AF HPSP (4yr) already. But I've also heard 3yr HPSP is still possible (I will be attending UOP, so 3 yr HPSP still works out for me; correct me if i'm wrong)

Too late to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

I've read some posts saying there was a waiting list for AF HPSP (4yr) already. But I've also heard 3yr HPSP is still possible (I will be attending UOP, so 3 yr HPSP still works out for me; correct me if i'm wrong)

Too late to apply?
You can always apply, it doesn't mean that you'll be selected though.

Kendo, PM me if you need AF recruiter contact info. I live in nor Cal and my recruiter rocks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the same boat you are in - I am going to UOP in july 2008 and wanted to be granted the 3 year AF scholarship. I started applying for it in late January (which is indeed late to apply). There are a lot of people in front of me for the scholarship (the AF gave all of their scholarships away already and hope to get more in) so even if they get more scholarships in, it is unlikely that they will get a whole load of em in so that I'll get one. Unless a get a miracle call saying I got a scholarship, my only option is to accept a 2 year scholarship (you pay for the first year), and still serve 3 years (there is a 3 year min).
SOOO what I did is now I am applying to the Navy b/c they still have a lot of scholarships left... and I am really happy that I did. The Navy is amazing and you should consider it for sure.

It sucks that you get the scholarship for only 2 year but still got to serve 3 year. If that's the case, I will consider applying Navy HPSP. Good to know someone in my class applying same thing tho

That's too bad! I was hoping some other AF folks with me at UoP..:rolleyes:
Best wishes for pursuing Navy!

If you are applying for the Navy DO IT PRONTO....... the Navy will more then likely meet its goals fairly soon.... And now seems to be the time that everyone is applying for the 4 year HPSP scholarship

Btizzels, did you talk to the recruiter at Nova or in your home state? I am going to Nova and very interested in going into the Navy and I have tried to contact the recruiter where I am now, but wondering who I should really talk to.

Btizzels, did you talk to the recruiter at Nova or in your home state? I am going to Nova and very interested in going into the Navy and I have tried to contact the recruiter where I am now, but wondering who I should really talk to.

I talked to my recruiter here in San Diego, they were very good. It would be pretty hard to use a recruiter not in your region, but I can give you their contact number and maybe they can get your recruiter to contact you, or refer you to someone else in your area. PM if you want the info, I know now is when everyone is applying (as stated previously) so it is important to hurry.

I just talked to the navy recruiter in my area and he said there are still lots of Navy HPSP left.

I just talked to the navy recruiter in my area and he said there are still lots of Navy HPSP left.

Army and Navy typically have fallen very short of their recruitment goals in years past. I do think they'll do better this year overall, but I don't think they'll FILL up like the AF. Both have more scholarships overall than the AF and less demand for them as well. With that being said, it takes a couple months or more to get the process done, and UNTIL it's done you won't see any stipend money. So might as well get it done sooner than later.