Tons of weird symptoms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's only 3 days worth of infusions that take 30 minutes each. Why do you need a PICC?

Just to completely kill this joke by dissecting it.

1. Chronic lyme is often "treated" by placement of PICC line for long term infusions of IV antibiotics that are some warped version of the actual antibiotic to treat real lyme disease.
2. By correlary, chronic covid-19 if treated the same would result in a PICC line for long-term bastardized versions of treatment of covid-19 medication that normally would be a short dosage during acute disease.

I hope we have sufficiently ruined the funny of this joke.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just to completely kill this joke by dissecting it.

1. Chronic lyme is often "treated" by placement of PICC line for long term infusions of IV antibiotics that are some warped version of the actual antibiotic to treat real lyme disease.
2. By correlary, chronic covid-19 if treated the same would result in a PICC line for long-term bastardized versions of treatment of covid-19 medication that normally would be a short dosage during acute disease.

I hope we have sufficiently ruined the funny of this joke.
Completely missed the joke, and as somebody who trained in Connecticut, I do not believe chronic Lyme exists as much as I don't believe fibromyalgia requires massive doses of narcotics to treat.

Reactions: 1 users
I had never heard of chronic lyme until I saw one in the 1990s. I didn't know where to start.

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s exactly what we did. She didn’t want a culture. She wanted a “Ureaplasma test” and wanted the results now.

When I get these, I put their request into terms they can understand.

"Have you ever gone to McDonalds and asked for a pizza? Of course not, because that's not what they do. I'm sorry you thought we did test X, but if you want your 'pizza' you'll need to go to the place that actually does it, and not get mad at us for not doing something we don't do."

They still complain though...

Reactions: 2 users
I had never heard of chronic lyme until I saw one in the 1990s. I didn't know where to start.
Having been a firefighter in the past, I would give pts this response: "if your house is on fire, the fire department puts the fire out. But, what's burnt it's burnt. It's gone. Antibiotics will kill the Lyme bacteria, but, damage done is done. It's not coming back. You don't get "chronic Lyme". No amount of ceftriaxone will change that."

Reactions: 1 users
Having been a firefighter in the past, I would give pts this response: "if your house is on fire, the fire department puts the fire out. But, what's burnt it's burnt. It's gone. Antibiotics will kill the Lyme bacteria, but, damage done is done. It's not coming back. You don't get "chronic Lyme". No amount of ceftriaxone will change that."
But it will keep the gonorrhea away. "Chronic Lyme," uh huh, suuuuure. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

funny I use that exact analogy with Covid. Covid is the fire, you can put it out but it leaves lasting damage. Sometimes that damage can be repaired with time, sometimes not.

Reactions: 1 user