Toefl for ECFVG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beavet

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just did my toefl and I passed every section like they say on the website besides one that I have less than what they ask. Do I have to retake it or anyone has the same situation and did not?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that you have to pass the entire TOEFL iBT in order to advance to step 3

Hello,

You need to have a minimum score in each section they say so to pass :( For example, if they say you need 23 in each section and you got 25 in 3 sections and 22 in one, you would need to do it again. I do not think you can do just that TOEFL section that you got a lower score. Do not give up :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm preparing for TOEFL. Is it wise/ practical to enroll online as a preparation? Say EDx? Thanks!

Hey guys, I just got my Toefl results, all of the sections looks good almost a maximum, except the writing section I've got 21 and as you know for ECFVG we need at least 22 to pass. I'm thinking about score review for the reading, does anybody had an experience with ETS score review service?

Hey guys, I just got my Toefl results, all of the sections looks good almost a maximum, except the writing section I've got 21 and as you know for ECFVG we need at least 22 to pass. I'm thinking about score review for the reading, does anybody had an experience with ETS score review service?

If you didn't match the score of the ECFVG requirement, I don't think you should spend your money on the reading score review, you should save your money for the next TOEFL test, I made it at my 4th TOEFL test, it's frustrating. BTW, some people said that the IELTS would be easier than TOEFL, maybe you can try it next time.

Thank You for your answer, whats about review of writing section, did anybody had an experience with it?

Last edited:
Thank You for your answer, whats about review of writing section, did anybody had an experience with it?

Quick question, did you request to send you score to AVMA while you apply for your TOEFL test? If you did, then the ETS won't accept your score review request.

Hello guys, as I mentioned on my last attempt of TOEFL I was only one point short on writing section. Therefore I decided to submit writing section for second evaluation. After I paid 80$ and waited 2 weeks I've got the result. Nothing is changed, basically ETS sent me a letter which says that my writing section has been evaluated by 2 independent writers and both of them agreed that score of 21 is appropriate. After I dig to a couple of forums regarding TOEFL ibt I've learned that if score changes after the evaluation of writing or speaking ETS suppose to refund cost of the evaluation services, which they not going to do, in other words, if the company going to do that ETS will suffer the capital loss. I don't try to say that ETS unreasonable company which just makes money by giving you the low score so you will retake the test again. Moreover, I agree with the score and that I need to work harder on my essay in order to achiave the desirable score and advance to a next step.What I try to say here that you shouldn't spend your money on reevaluation because your score unlikely to change. Just try to take the test again , don't waste your money.