Today's the first day of residency!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Blade28

Well, orientation, at least. 10 days' worth of it (including two days of ATLS). Come on, who else is excited here? :)

Members don't see this ad.

couldn't sleep last night.. maybe it's the excitement of starting orientation.. or the caffeine in my diet cokes i drank while watching the nba finals :D

I slept in today. Orientation isn't for another week and a half.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am mourning the loss of my freedom.

*cries hysterically and claws at body*

10 days of orientation! They give us a day and a half and then throw us to the wolves!

Don't sweat it. It will be fun. Plus it flies by incredibly fast. I can't believe I'm two weeks away from PGY-3. I feel like last week I was trying to figure out where the ICU was. Now my wife and I have been agonizing over which job offer to take! Can hardly believe it.

hey, so do they give any time during orientation to go and see your patients before actually starting intern year? i want to go and see them the day before so i have some clue before starting and totally looking like a *******. first rotation, it's me, the chief, and the attending. and i'm supposed to be the workhorse in this game? :scared:

Nope, they don't give us any time before July 1st to go see your patients. Just go in REALLY early on your first day. :)

My orientation starts next week.

Good advice, as always: "don't get sick in July"

Take care,
Jeff

factoid said:
hey, so do they give any time during orientation to go and see your patients before actually starting intern year? i want to go and see them the day before so i have some clue before starting and totally looking like a *******. first rotation, it's me, the chief, and the attending. and i'm supposed to be the workhorse in this game? :scared:

You should get a signout from the offgoing intern (who becomes PGY 2 the day you start) the day before you start. Everyone will expect you to be slow the first day. Go in super early. You'll figure it out pretty quickly, you'll see.

Survived my first night on call. One down, MANY more to go!

Ha... 71 down, 2 nights of call to go. I'm actually looking forward to call this next week.

Our interns get a month of orientation...

But other programs have started... god help us... ;)

you guys will be fine.

Pilot said:
Ha... 71 down, 2 nights of call to go. I'm actually looking forward to call this next week.

8 hours to go now...... :D