To what extent can Benzoyl Peroxide kill Demodex mites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scherz0

Reaction score
Any peer-reviewed evidence for the quotation below, written by Dr. Cynthia Bailey BA Mills College (1976-80), MD Tulane (1980-85)? If so, what concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide suffices? 2.5%? 5%?

Several years ago, I attended an American Academy of Dermatology lecture given by a physician practicing in Israel where they use benzoyl peroxide for Demodex. Permethrin is not available there and this physician said she gets good control of facial Demodex infestation and rosacea pustules with benzoyl peroxide.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any peer-reviewed evidence for the quotation below, written by Dr. Cynthia Bailey BA Mills College (1976-80), MD Tulane (1980-85)? If so, what concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide suffices? 2.5%? 5%?
Will allow this thread for now but this treads dangerously close to medical advice.

Try: Oztürkcan S, Ermertcan AT, Sahin MT, Afşar FS. Efficiency of benzoyl peroxide-erythromycin gel in comparison with metronidazole gel in the treatment of acne rosacea. J Dermatol. 2004 Aug;31(8):610-7.

although I am not sure if they comment on the concentration of BPO in that article

What’s everyone’s obsessions with not giving medical advice? I don’t really get it like if you give advice can they really sue you? It’s an anonymous forum..Not giving advice seems immoral if you can answer a very simple straightforward question for a person that would take 2 months to get into a dermatologist

this forum is for students and residents looking to learn more about dermatology

if you want medical advice, go see a doctor

those also happen to be the terms that forum participants agree to when signing up…