To reschedule or to not reschedule? Unique situation!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psalms91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Morning SDN community! I seek your council...

I have been studying for the DAT since September (yes September!) It has not been a constant study. More like an off and on study. I have went over all the information, however, I do not feel ready. I have probably read just about every thread in here and what I have gathered is no one ever feels 100% ready but I know myself and know that I am not prepared as I should be. I just really do not want to have to retake the test because I would have to take it in August and I feel that is a tad bit late. BUT I have been studying for so long and I am mentally tired of studying for this test!

SOO I guess my question is should I:

1. Take the test (Friday) and hope/pray that I do not have to retake.
2. Take a week or two off from studying and then come back at it fresh and take it in a few weeks.
3. Im just going to leave #3 open for suggestions!!

Thank you so much in advance for the insight/advice

Members don't see this ad.

Good Morning SDN community! I seek your council...

I have been studying for the DAT since September (yes September!) It has not been a constant study. More like an off and on study. I have went over all the information, however, I do not feel ready. I have probably read just about every thread in here and what I have gathered is no one ever feels 100% ready but I know myself and know that I am not prepared as I should be. I just really do not want to have to retake the test because I would have to take it in August and I feel that is a tad bit late. BUT I have been studying for so long and I am mentally tired of studying for this test!

SOO I guess my question is should I:

1. Take the test (Friday) and hope/pray that I do not have to retake.
2. Take a week or two off from studying and then come back at it fresh and take it in a few weeks.
3. Im just going to leave #3 open for suggestions!!

Thank you so much in advance for the insight/advice

Hi Psalms91,

One thing you stated gives me great concern, let me quote you below.

"I have went over all the information, however, I do not feel ready."

I have worked with students many years and the biggest mistake I see them make is taking the DAT when they don't feel fully prepared.

I highly suggest you reschedule your DAT and give yourself a little more time to feel fully prepared!

No harm done in rescheduling but taking the test prematurely and not scoring what you hoped can be devastating. Avoid taking the DAT more than once.

Take care..Nancy

Reschedule! As Orgoman22 emphasizes, it's EXTREMELY important to take the test when ready. I've been studying sicne January (but not all the time because I was taking classes while in school). Now I am done, and I am studying til my test date on June 30. If I know I am not ready in 2-3 weeks prior, I will reschedule a bit until I feel CONFIDENT (even if that's not what I want to do). I know how you feel about studying a long time, but it's better making the sacrifice now, then regretting it later!

Thanks you both for your replies. I have decided to reschedule, take two days off and go back at it with full force. Wish me luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks you both for your replies. I have decided to reschedule, take two days off and go back at it with full force. Wish me luck!!

Wishing you the best of luck, you made a very wise decision!

Glad you are taking a few days off to recharge and tackle it full force as you stated.

take care..Nancy

Happy you decided rescheduled....I would've advised the same. I took it when I wasnt ready the first time HUGE mistake, I did not do well at all. Second time I was ready and did great!

Good luck!!