To everyone who hasn't gotten in yet: this rally thread is for you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got back from my LECOM-E interview. I really liked the school. I felt like this would be a great fit for me. I think my interview went good. It seemed fast, but I don't know if that is good or bad. They said the committee will make a decision next Wed and mail out letters next Friday. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
:luck:GOOD LUCK AXEBJC!!!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for all of yalls support!

I got to the airport this afternoon to find out my flight was delayed for service which would make me miss my connecting flight in Philly. There was not a later flight to Houston tonight, so I'm in Erie for another night. I have no car though, so I'm stuck in my hotel room. :(

I want to order chinese food but it says minimum $15 for delivery. I'm a little thing and can't eat $15 worth of food haha. I can never finish my one meal of chinese food because they always give you so much.

i just saw this thread now :rolleyes:

thanks tex...

still waiting to hear anything from the DO schools I applied to as well as a few MD's. I've been volunteering at my local hospital in transport as well as in the lab. I'm hoping a letter of intent to NJMS before they rank the waitlist might snag me a last minute acceptance. At the very least ill be in a better position for next year. :thumbup:

Thanks all and good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
:D
to give a quick update:

I just had my interview today at PNWU-COM.
this school looks like its gonna be something AMAZING. Definitely not something I expected from a first year institution, they have plans and I was left with the impression that they are going to make all their dreams come to fruition.
The campus is going to be spectacular. It is super hi-tech oriented and it looks like its going to be a wonderful place to study medicine. I went on a tour of the building in progress with about 3 other interviewees and we all got to see what the facilities were going to be like.
I have a picture of us all wearing hard hats that I need to email the school and they might even put it up on their website =]
Anyhow, I feel that my interview went superbly well. I was really nervous beforehand but once they asked me the first question, I was able to be myself and give them a feel for who I really am.
The staff at PNWU were a friendly bunch and I got a real sense of community. And the friendliness was not just limited to the staff, but I think this characteristic can be attributed to the city of Yakima as a whole. I got a great impression of this city.
Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about this school. I will let you guys know of any news as it comes my way =]
-matt

Matt, I'm so glad to hear your interview went well!!! That's awesome! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. ;)

Good Luck! :luck::luck::luck:

Assuming that you get in, would you accept and then not have to reapply or are you going to leave your options open for next year . . . just curious. :oops:

so why DO over MD? and would you go to an MD or a DO if you were sick?

troll.jpg
Nothing like a troll!:lol:

Nothing like a troll!:lol:

no no no. i was asking a legitimate question. why so sensitive? is there an issue with bringing up real differences? or comparign the two w/o being labeled an "attacker"?

youre right. these questions dont hold any prejudice in and of themselves. But when i look at your screen name, it kinda makes myself (and others) think that you hold MDs as superior--in some way or another--to DOs.
I contend that idealogy is outdated and shows complete lack of knowledge for anyone who subscribes to it. But ya know, being that you're applying to MD schools (i am assuming you are)--please understand that in all likelihood, you will have a DO working alongside you during a residency...and that DO just might know something you dont.
So i suggest getting off your high horse of initials-based medicine and worry instead about becoming a good physician. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors of becoming such.
-matt

youre right. these questions dont hold any prejudice in and of themselves. But when i look at your screen name, it kinda makes myself (and others) think that you hold MDs as superior--in some way or another--to DOs.
I contend that idealogy is outdated and shows complete lack of knowledge for anyone who subscribes to it. But ya know, being that you're applying to MD schools (i am assuming you are)--please understand that in all likelihood, you will have a DO working alongside you during a residency...and that DO just might know something you dont.
So i suggest getting off your high horse of initials-based medicine and worry instead about becoming a good physician. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors of becoming such.
-matt

"high horse"? cause my screen name shows my enthusiasm for my degree as opposed to getting an JD, MBA or DDS? there you go again, attacking preemptively because you "think" you're being attacked. That's a real sign of insecurity. And i never said a DO wouldn't know something I won't.. that had nothing to do with my question.

"high horse"? cause my screen name shows my enthusiasm for my degree as opposed to getting an JD, MBA or DDS? there you go again, attacking preemptively because you "think" you're being attacked. That's a real sign of insecurity. And i never said a DO wouldn't know something I won't.. that had nothing to do with my question.

What got me was the "who would you go to if you were sick"? That sentence holds the connotation someone might not go to a DO if they were sick . . . like it would be hard to choose a DO over a MD. BTW, what were you trying to ask with regards to that question? I've been going to a DO (chosen over a MD because he is a nicer, more compassionate and overall cool guy) for over 10 years when I'm sick and everything has been great. :thumbup:

That's a real sign of insecurity

I think you were just surprised that we all responded to your post and you felt like you needed to defend yourself. Sometimes it's hard to have to fess up and explain yourself. If all of us responded in the same way, it means that your wording was off and you did sound like you were trying to start a MD vs. DO debate, which has been discussed ad nauseam on SDN . . . just do a search. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh Please, for the love of god, don't turn this tread into another do vs. md debate :beat: This tread was ment to encourge those that still havent gotten into school. It was not intended to further stir the pot of "oh, so why did you choose to go to a do school, why not an md school?" EVERYONE has their reasons. If you want your question answered, MDallTHEway, please look at the countless other treads that talk about do vs. md. This is an encouragement thread. THE LAST thing this tread needs right now is another F***ing Do vs MD debate :boom:.

Edit: Even if you did have good intentions in asking the question. I just don't think its relevent in this tread and it will just anger lots of people and they will get mad and upset at you.

NOW back to the main topic...GOOD LUCK TO THOSE STILL WAITING, I'M SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY. THERE IS STILL TIME, AND DONT GIVE UP!

Oh Please, for the love of god, don't turn this tread into another do vs. md debate :beat: This tread was ment to encourge those that still havent gotten into school. It was not intended to further stir the pot of "oh, so why did you choose to go to a do school, why not an md school?" EVERYONE has their reasons. If you want your question answered, MDallTHEway, please look at the countless other treads that talk about do vs. md. This is an encouragement thread. THE LAST thing this tread needs right now is another F***ing Do vs MD debate :boom:.

Edit: Even if you did have good intentions in asking the question. I just don't think its relevent in this tread and it will just anger lots of people and they will get mad and upset at you.

NOW back to the main topic...GOOD LUCK TO THOSE STILL WAITING, I'M SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY. THERE IS STILL TIME, AND DONT GIVE UP!
Right on, countthestars!
I've been counting them!!!

Oh Please, for the love of god, don't turn this tread into another do vs. md debate This tread was ment to encourge those that still havent gotten into school. It was not intended to further stir the pot of "oh, so why did you choose to go to a do school, why not an md school?" EVERYONE has their reasons. If you want your question answered, MDallTHEway, please look at the countless other treads that talk about do vs. md. This is an encouragement thread. THE LAST thing this tread needs right now is another F***ing Do vs MD debate

post my honest "question" on an MD thread and i guarantee you, you'll only hear kind hearted responses-- why is that?

p6st tha

post my honest "question" on an MD thread and i guarantee you, you'll only hear kind hearted responses-- why is that?

p6st tha

OK, last thing I have to say on this matter. Please, please go check out the MD boards! You think we gave you hell? You have no idea how fierce the MD fellas are! Go see for yourself! If you have any legit questions on the DO route, please post your question in the threads designated for this topic on the pre-osteo and osteo boards. Thanks :)

To everyone out there who is still waiting to be accepted, lets keep up the
~~GOOD LUCK~~
vibes! :clap:

In other words, don't go away mad, just GO AWAY!:laugh:

wtf?

OK guys one of us may be hearing TODAY on our acceptance based on knowledge that "letters have been sent" so I would request that everyone on here except for the aforementioned banned spammer, LIGHTS, CHANTING, CANDLES, ACTION!!!!
Img5.gif

oh yeah, and some of these: :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Goodluck Matt!!! Maybe we will hear something around the same time. So on the LECOM-E board people were waitlisted this last week. Their letters said the class was full. I really hope that is not the case, bc I flew from TX to Erie, PA for an interview. Please keep your fingers crossed! Hopefully I just blew them away at the interview and they left thinking man we HAVE to have this TEXAS girl!!! :D

IT'S RALLY TIME GUYS! THIS ANXIETY IS KILLER!:scared::scared:
JUST GOTTA HANG ON FOR A FEW MORE DAYS, SHE KEEPS TELLING HERSELF!:boom:

IT'S RALLY TIME GUYS! THIS ANXIETY IS KILLER!:scared::scared:
JUST GOTTA HANG ON FOR A FEW MORE DAYS, SHE KEEPS TELLING HERSELF!:boom:

Hang in there sherruns!!!!! Good things will happen. This rally is for you.

Sherruns, are those fire pics from Burning Man? You've heard of it, right?

http://www.burningman.com/
absolutely. two of the guys i work with are fire performers there every year. the barbies are from there too.
just getting so anxious!!! gotta have lots of dancing around fires, lighting of candles, lots of barbies, etc., etc.!!!:laugh:

Goodluck sherruns!!! Goodluck, Goodluck, BJC says Goodluck!!! HAHA I was a cheerleader all through highschool and some in college :D

absolutely. two of the guys i work with are fire performers there every year. the barbies are from there too.
just getting so anxious!!! gotta have lots of dancing around fires, lighting of candles, lots of barbies, etc., etc.!!!:laugh:

Cool! I have friends that fire dance at Burning Man every year too! :thumbup:

so far no word
this wait is excruciating!:(

Hey Prions, we'll have to compare notes!
main.php

Hang in there sherruns!!!!! Good things will happen. This rally is for you.
THANK YOU SO MUCH PARAMEDICLIZARD!!!
My letter's probably in the sky right now. I'm just trying to keep the faith without significant spazzing in front of co-workers:laugh:.

Goodluck sherruns!!! Goodluck, Goodluck, BJC says Goodluck!!! HAHA I was a cheerleader all through highschool and some in college :D
thanks BJC!!!!
trying to sit on hands and not have butterflies....
the tension is palpable!

I called AZCOM admissions yesterday. I faxed them my updated MCAT score February 26th, but they did not post it on my application until March 3rd. AACOMAS received the scores Feb 28th. Well, their deadline for secondary apps is March 1st. Because they didn't post it until a week after they received it, the committee might not even review my file.

She said it will all depend on how many students who met the deadline decline their interview. If you do not plan on attending your AZCOM interview, please call and notify them rather than just a no show. That way the students who have not gotten in yet, have a shot at AZCOM. Thanks!

I called AZCOM admissions yesterday. I faxed them my updated MCAT score February 26th, but they did not post it on my application until March 3rd. AACOMAS received the scores Feb 28th. Well, their deadline for secondary apps is March 1st. Because they didn't post it until a week after they received it, the committee might not even review my file.

She said it will all depend on how many students who met the deadline decline their interview. If you do not plan on attending your AZCOM interview, please call and notify them rather than just a no show. That way the students who have not gotten in yet, have a shot at AZCOM. Thanks!

Wait, but if they received it by March 3 you should be good. This is what it says for the supplemental deadline:

"Step Two: AZCOM Supplemental Application – March 3, 2008 Deadline Upon receipt of the AACOMAS application from the application service, the Midwestern University Office of Admissions will email the supplemental application to all applicants who
possess both a minimum overall GPA and science GPA of 2.75. Applicants must complete and submit the supplemental application form with their resume, essay responses, and nonrefundable/nonwaivable $50 processing fee to the Office of Admissions. All
supplemental application materials must be received in the Office of Admissions on or before the deadline of March 3, 2008.
"

Thanks EEL! I just called AZCOM and they put me through to the boss man, Mr. Walter. He said they did receive my mcat in time. I am on the pre-interview waitlist not the late pile. He said there are interviews in May, so if people decline their interview then I can possibly be invited for an interview. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Good luck to Matt and sherruns and everyone else still hoping and praying!

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

wow thanks fabu1ous
im glad you remembered me.
im having a helluva time with all the pre-interview waitlists and whatnot.
ive gotten over my nervousness about calling schools and asking them about my application status now. i have called just about every school that i have an application pending to ask them where i stand.
**heres hoping to getting in THIS year**

Wow. Can I get a little of the love? I so far have been skunked this year. Not even an interview, just a stack of rejection letters, so much for confidence.

A little about me. I always wanted to go to med school, senior year college decide it wasn't the right life style, and went to get my PhD in Physio instead. Dept. lost funding after I passed the Written exams and I was the lowest grad student on the totem pole (only 3 students in the dept.) So I jumped into teaching in inner-city Philadelphia. Which I have loved, but I still feel the desire to go back to medical school. Long story short I decided to follow my original dream.

This summer I took the MCATs late in August. I choose not to apply until I received my score. My GPA was a little low (3.0 Sci and 3.6 Non-Sci) and I didn't want to just waste my money if I blew the MCATs as well. Well I scored ok P-8 V-10 B-13, and decided I should apply. So I definitely applied late, I didn't get in my secondaries to most DO schools until late Jan and since then have heard diddly.

Good Luck everyone. I hope to see you at interviews in April (if they even exist) http://img.studentdoctor.net/images/smilies/redface.gif

Goodluck Homebrew! PCOM told me they are still reviewing applications. AZCOM has handed out all of their interview invites, but if some cancel waitlist applicants can be pulled up for an interview. DMUCOM told me they are limited on the number of interviews left, so the committee hasn't done much right now on the students who are complete. I hope that helps you out. I only know about the schools that I applied to.

LECOM-E admission committee is suppose to meet today. Keep your fingers crossed that they're going to say "Man we just HAVE to have that TEXAS girl!" hehe I should find out in a week.

Still waiting to hear from LECOM-E...and I interviewed 3/14. Don't get too discouraged if you don't hear next week...I think they are behind on apps again.

:luck:good luck vibes for everyone!!:luck:

Goodluck Homebrew! PCOM told me they are still reviewing applications. AZCOM has handed out all of their interview invites, but if some cancel waitlist applicants can be pulled up for an interview. DMUCOM told me they are limited on the number of interviews left, so the committee hasn't done much right now on the students who are complete. I hope that helps you out. I only know about the schools that I applied to.

LECOM-E admission committee is suppose to meet today. Keep your fingers crossed that they're going to say "Man we just HAVE to have that TEXAS girl!" hehe I should find out in a week.

I see there weren't any posts yesterday. I guess no one was accepted/rejected/waitlisted yesterday. Man this waiting game is killing me. I am the type of person that likes to have things planned out. I really hate the fact that I graduate in 5 weeks, but I am still not sure where I will be next year. :eek:

I see there weren't any posts yesterday. I guess no one was accepted/rejected/waitlisted yesterday. Man this waiting game is killing me. I am the type of person that likes to have things planned out. I really hate the fact that I graduate in 5 weeks, but I am still not sure where I will be next year. :eek:
Gimme an A
Gimme an X
Gimme an E
Gimme a B
Gimme a J
Gimme a C

A-X-E-B-J-C
Gotta get it goin!
Cruise to victory!

How's that for a cheerleader cheer? I was only ever in drill team.
So here's some fire for both of us (I'm interviewing at Touro CA TOMORROW MORNING!)
Lester5.jpg
main.php

main.php
main.php
main.php

WOOHOO thanks sherruns. Goodluck tomorrow. I interview at KCUMB next Monday. I think that will be my last interview :( I never heard back from DMU, PCOM, or AZCOM.

WOOHOO thanks sherruns. Goodluck tomorrow. I interview at KCUMB next Monday. I think that will be my last interview :( I never heard back from DMU, PCOM, or AZCOM.
dang girl you should give every one of those adcoms a call! tomorrow!
I'd definitely do that!
good luck and keep the faith,
sherruns:luck:

You sneaky bastage TT....trying to Rick Roll people. Your smooth, real smooth.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B87snXgV7Pg[/YOUTUBE]

Good luck tomorrow Sherruns!!!! :luck::luck:

Hi all!

I just received an acceptance to Touro Nevada (I was on the waitlist). I attribute it to the fire and barbie death match rallies posted on this thread! There is hope! Another reason I'm posting is that I have an interview at AZCOM on Wed 4/9 that I will be canceling tomorrow morning. All of you on the pre-interview waitlist, call in the AM and see if you can get that interview spot (although it is REALLY last minute...sorry)

Roselee

Hi all!

I just received an acceptance to Touro Nevada (I was on the waitlist). I attribute it to the fire and barbie death match rallies posted on this thread! There is hope! Another reason I'm posting is that I have an interview at AZCOM on Wed 4/9 that I will be canceling tomorrow morning. All of you on the pre-interview waitlist, call in the AM and see if you can get that interview spot (although it is REALLY last minute...sorry)

Roselee

Hey congratulations!! :D:banana: Too bad you won't be joining us at AZCOM but I guess not everyone can make the right decision. ;) jk