to call or not to call?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IluvMCAT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on one of my first choice schools. Several people who interviewed with or after me have been accepted. I'm tempted to call, just to see if a decision has been made and if I can expect a notification soon. What do you think? I'm sure they've reviewed my file.

Members don't see this ad.

how about sending a Letter of Interest?

I think that it's both too late AND too early to send an LOI. Here's why. It's been over a month, so I'm sure that they've made an initial decision. As a result, I think it's too late for an LOI to make a difference at that stage. However, if I get on the waitlist, then I'll send an LOI, but it's a little early for that.

I've seen stories of people who called an were told the decision over the phone. I don't really expect them to tell me that. But I'd love to know that a letter has been mailed (or will be mailed in a week or something).

It can't hurt to call, if you are extremely polite on the phone. It worked for me at the Univ of WI, they were able to tell me the decision. I think most people on the other end know how anxious this process makes us. I would go for it, you will feel much better.