TN MPJE school notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorgirl123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me with these questions: What's the expiration on repackaged unit dose drugs? USP says "Beyond use date is the earlier of one year from the date of repackaging or the expiration date on the original bulk container", and FDA says "the expiration date does not exceed six months; and the six month expiration period does not exceed 25 per cent of the remaining time between the date of repackaging and expiration date shown on the original manufacture's bulk container", and I couldn't find related rule in Tennessee state law.

Also I think schedule II prescriptions cannot be transferred, ever? Schedule III, IV, V prescriptions can be transferred once, unless two pharmacies sharing real time database, then can transfer up to the number of refills on prescription. For schedule III, IV, V prescriptions, are interns/techs allowed to take transfer, or does it have to be pharmacists?

This is for Tennessee MPJE only. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: