TMDSAS - letter of evaluation and official letterheads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penicillinman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for the 2020 cycles through TMDSAS. I am getting a total of 4 letter of recommendation, one from a supervisor at a previous job, one from current job and two from ER physicians. I just realized that TMDSAS states these letters have to be on official letterheads. I have two issues and I was hoping I can get some advise on this
1. One of my supervisor is no longer working at that job where she was my manager and so I dont know how I could even ask her to have her letter on the official letterhead
2. I am also not sure (admittedly I havent asked either) If the ER docs would be able to have an official letterhead. Essentially these are doctors who belong to a group that is contracted to work at this hospital.

So I am tempted to ask TMDSAS if having the writers put down their address on top of the letter along with contact number to serve as an 'official letter head'. Is this something any of you have come across ?

Members don't see this ad.

Just go for it and call TMDSAS. It won’t hurt anything to ask.

I am applying for the 2020 cycles through TMDSAS. I am getting a total of 4 letter of recommendation, one from a supervisor at a previous job, one from current job and two from ER physicians. I just realized that TMDSAS states these letters have to be on official letterheads. I have two issues and I was hoping I can get some advise on this
1. One of my supervisor is no longer working at that job where she was my manager and so I dont know how I could even ask her to have her letter on the official letterhead
2. I am also not sure (admittedly I havent asked either) If the ER docs would be able to have an official letterhead. Essentially these are doctors who belong to a group that is contracted to work at this hospital.

So I am tempted to ask TMDSAS if having the writers put down their address on top of the letter along with contact number to serve as an 'official letter head'. Is this something any of you have come across ?
I see you’ve been accepted! Congrats! I was under the impression at least 2 letters had to be from science professors? Is this only the case for AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see you’ve been accepted! Congrats! I was under the impression at least 2 letters had to be from science professors? Is this only the case for AMCAS?

those are the requirements, but since I am a nontrad applicant and was done with school over a decade ago, they accepted letters from my employment supervisors and two physicians I work with.

those are the requirements, but since I am a nontrad applicant and was done with school over a decade ago, they accepted letters from my employment supervisors and two physicians I work with.
Did you have to reach out to them and ask if that was ok? I am a non trad as well and I have the same professor for my post bacc classes lol

Did you have to reach out to them and ask if that was ok? I am a non trad as well and I have the same professor for my post bacc classes lol
Yes I did, reached out to individual schools and TMDSAS in Texas. Didn’t worry too much for out of state schools and amcas but went ahead and submitted same letters and were accepted.