This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please mighty adcom of SA, accept me.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is Houston still giving out any interviews? lol

Is Houston still giving out any interviews? lol
end of jan is last of it so doubt it if you haven't received notice yet, expecting a rejection letter anyday myself lol

SA sending next round of acceptance first week of feb?

Hey! I had the Halloween interview too!

They have 25 spots left and said they will be sending them out every 2 weeks now. So soon..depending on when the last round was! (info from interview today)

Did they mention when they would send the next round? They told us the same thing three weeks ago . My fingernails are begging for an answer!

Man i'm guessing around feb 9th or so just based off the last one, seems like they gave 30 days to the first group on 12/1 then took a few days to discuss and gave second round out 1/5

Reactions: 1 users
Just received a rejection from Houston (without interview).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You interviewed with Houston?

I doubt they will send at midnight. Seems like they both prefer to email during the work days.
Yeah! Around the end of September. Pretty bummed because this was my top choice but hopefully I'll hear back from one of the other two schools! Hopefully if you didn't get the email today then you'll hear back soon!!

Interviewed in early October and just got an email saying that I am still under consideration. It says the process could go until Mid-August.... wow. (For UT Houston)

Last edited:
You guys think A&M or San Antonio will send anything out at midnight?
Definitely potential for uthscsa, i looked at last years thread and dates were 12/1, 1/5, 2/1, 2/8 and seems to be following that this year, seemed like the acceptances sent out on 2/1 were in the daytime though..

Interviewed in early October and just got an email saying that I am still under consideration. It says the process could go until Mid-August.... wow.

Yeah it was confusing because it said if you’re placed on an alternate list you will know in “the next month or so” but I thought alternates were notified at the end when the class is full?? Mid- August is odd because the new class would have already started? Anyone understand this better? Lol

Yeah it was confusing because it said if you’re placed on an alternate list you will know in “the next month or so” but I thought alternates were notified at the end when the class is full?? Mid- August is odd because the new class would have already started? Anyone understand this better? Lol
What's considered the alternate list? I interviewed in October but haven't heard anything at all today.

What's considered the alternate list? I interviewed in October but haven't heard anything at all today.

I'm assuming thats the 20 or so on the wait list once the class is full incase someone's plans change last minute.

Honestly, I think I'm looking too into it now that I'm reading back over it lol. All it really says is now that interviews are over (*I think this is the key) - that they wanted to update everyone who has been interviewed and kind of let us know a timeline and that we will be updated when an acceptance or rejection has been decided for our applications bc we are still in consideration. (I have no clue why you haven't received the email- maybe its coming or maybe you're about to be accepted so why send the email? lol think positive ;))

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed in early October and just got an email saying that I am still under consideration. It says the process could go until Mid-August.... wow.
What school are you referring to?

Did anyone hear back from SA midnight?

For those who are still waiting, I would suggest and highly recommend you to continue being proactive with your activities and continue showing interest by e-mailing your interviewer every month or so with what you've been doing, shadowing/touring the school if they offer it, and participating in pre-dental workshops they may be holding (ex. UTSD Predent Day). This shows continued interest and the adcoms will keep mentioning your name and pulling up your file!

Good luck! I interviewed mid-Jan and got in mid-March so there's still time!

Reactions: 5 users
Got my Houston acceptance today around 11 AM by email. Turning down my other acceptances and accepting the offer from Houston! Yay!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted to Houston today as well!!!! Will be attending, my first choice!

Interviewed on Dec. 5th. Stats are posted below!

cGPA - 3.73
bcpGPA - 3.62
AA - 21 TS - 20 PAT - 23

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Houston rejection, LECOM it is! Good luck to all of you staying in Texas, this dallas boy is going east.

Reactions: 11 users
Houston rejection, LECOM it is! Good luck to all of you staying in Texas, this dallas boy is going east.
You're gonna be a dentist and that is all that matters! Wish you all the best!!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know the link to the UTSD Class of 2022 facebook page or the groupme that they could DM me??

It is listed on page 10. It's called UTSD Houston C/O 2022. It won't let me post the link.

It is listed on page 10. It's called UTSD Houston C/O 2022. It won't let me post the link.
upload_2018-2-2_11-20-25.png

What was your experience at LECOM? I’m considering adding it the list for next cycle

Anyone hear back from San Antonio?

Still waiting for 3rd

What was your experience at LECOM? I’m considering adding it the list for next cycle

I'll be honest I was skeptical about the school prior to my interview considering all that is said about it on SDN but when I got there I was reassured that I would get a great education and still have time to enjoy the experience. The students I talked to seemed like they enjoyed being there due to the flexibility of PBL and the amount of clinical experience they were acquiring. The staff that I spoke to addressed the rumors going around and highlighted the truths and solutions that they have been implementing. A lot of the students told me that they did not like PBL at first but they grew to enjoy it over time not because its "fun" necessarily but because of its flexibility. I walked away from the interview pretty impressed by the nice facilities and determination that the staff seemed to have to constantly improve the school. I'm confident that I will become a competent dentist there otherwise I wouldn't go even if it was my only option.

I will keep SDN updated on my experience as time goes on so people will get a better understanding of the school

I'll be honest I was skeptical about the school prior to my interview considering all that is said about it on SDN but when I got there I was reassured that I would get a great education and still have time to enjoy the experience. The students I talked to seemed like they enjoyed being there due to the flexibility of PBL and the amount of clinical experience they were acquiring. The staff that I spoke to addressed the rumors going around and highlighted the truths and solutions that they have been implementing. A lot of the students told me that they did not like PBL at first but they grew to enjoy it over time not because its "fun" necessarily but because of its flexibility. I walked away from the interview pretty impressed by the nice facilities and determination that the staff seemed to have to constantly improve the school. I'm confident that I will become a competent dentist there otherwise I wouldn't go even if it was my only option.

I will keep SDN updated on my experience as time goes on so people will get a better understanding of the school
Well that's good to here! I too have been a bit skeptical from what I've read but that sounds like it's a nice gig. I never really understood why PBL would be necessarily bad anyways. It's up to the student to grind it out and learn the information and material

I think I have developed an obsession...