**TMDSAS 2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teodds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
May 1st! Happy opening TMDSAS application day :)
Let's get those apps in asap!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when the first "batch" of apps are reviewed? I'm waiting on my school to finish the committee letter. If anyone knows an ideal date to get it done, let us know.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone not able to sign in to TMDSAS??? :/

I was thinking about rolling the dice for texas. How much is it for all three schools anyway?

I was thinking about rolling the dice for texas. How much is it for all three schools anyway?

If you are doing it through the AADSAS same as any other school. Through TMDSAS, I think its 60.

If we put future coursework, does anyone know when we can update it? Or do we just call the schools and send them the transcripts?

If you are doing it through the AADSAS same as any other school. Through TMDSAS, I think its 60.

Oh, I thought the only way to apply to texas schools is through TMDSAS? i guess i still have some reading to do :laugh:

Officially started applying. I have most of the application complete, just need to wait on the LORs and Transcripts to come in :) I want to be the first applicant !!

Oh, I thought the only way to apply to texas schools is through TMDSAS? i guess i still have some reading to do :laugh:

Honeslty, you may be right. I just remember seeing texas school on aadsas.

Out-of-state applicants have three options. They may apply through the TMDSAS, through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) or with the Baylor College of Dentistry application packet available on-line at: Procedure for Application.
Please note: Out-of-state applications who apply through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) MUST also submit the Baylor College of Dentistry application.
If you have further questions you may contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions by email [email protected] /* */ or by telephone at (214)828-8231.

source:http://bcd.tamhsc.edu/admissions/ddsadmissions.html

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck, guys! Time goes by fast...

Don't worry if you aren't early. I didn't submit until early August.

While filling out my application I came across a question that said to list all the non-TMDSAS schools I want to apply to. Anyone know why they would ask this question and how my answer impacts my application. If I put im applying to a lot of out of state schools will it effect my application negatively?

Also does anyone know if I need 6 hrs of English? I was looking at my transcript and it shows I have 4. So now I think I need to take another English course but I cant find the list of pre-reqs on Baylors site anymore. It used to be easy to find.

While filling out my application I came across a question that said to list all the non-TMDSAS schools I want to apply to. Anyone know why they would ask this question and how my answer impacts my application. If I put im applying to a lot of out of state schools will it effect my application negatively? It's not bad. They actually dislike it when folks only apply instate.

Also does anyone know if I need 6 hrs of English? I was looking at my transcript and it shows I have 4. So now I think I need to take another English course but I cant find the list of pre-reqs on Baylors site anymore. It used to be easy to find. How do you not know what pre-reqs are required at this stage in the game?

Since I did my undergrad many years ago, I had already met my English requirements. I guess i overlooked it on the pre reqs and concentrated only on my science courses during my post-bacc. Not a big deal though. I can take it over the summer :)

If we put future coursework, does anyone know when we can update it? Or do we just call the schools and send them the transcripts?

Any one know? Is there only one chance to update or just send transcripts after each semester is finished?

This last cycle I was able to update my future course work. I also sent transcripts to TMDSAS. Most schools will not accept any documents unless it is through TMDSAS.

Did you update multiple times? IE I'm taking a summer session and fall semester and am trying to figure out if I should wait until after summer session to send in app.

If grades are all you are waiting on and you have everything else filled in on the app I would for sure NOT wait. Get your app in as soon as you can and then update your grades/ transcripts when they become available.

I only had one semester to update along with this semester, which I was rejected before I could update. So I only did it once. But I believe any future work is updatable on the app.

Anyone know if environmental science courses count as "other science" or "non science" on the course upload portion? I have an MS with 10 environmental courses. Most were nontechnical classes but still are "science" classes.... Thanks.

Is there a LOR form or attachment we need to give to our profs/dentist/evaluators when they send in our letters?

You don't have to use one anymore.

Anyone know if environmental science courses count as "other science" or "non science" on the course upload portion? I have an MS with 10 environmental courses. Most were nontechnical classes but still are "science" classes.... Thanks.

For 2015 applicants, there is a new way to calculate your science GPA. Only Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math counts towards them. I don't believe engineering, computer science, nutrition, and etc. counts as science anymore.

"Beginning with the entry year 2015 application, TMDSAS will calculate a Biology-Chemistry-Physics-Math (BCPM) GPA in place of a science GPA."

For 2015 applicants, there is a new way to calculate your science GPA. Only Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math counts towards them. I don't believe engineering, computer science, nutrition, and etc. counts as science anymore.

"Beginning with the entry year 2015 application, TMDSAS will calculate a Biology-Chemistry-Physics-Math (BCPM) GPA in place of a science GPA."

Math?? :(

Math was always a part of the sGPA, I believe.

If grades are all you are waiting on and you have everything else filled in on the app I would for sure NOT wait. Get your app in as soon as you can and then update your grades/ transcripts when they become available.

I only had one semester to update along with this semester, which I was rejected before I could update. So I only did it once. But I believe any future work is updatable on the app.

So can I send in my app while i wait on transcripts and 1 LOR?

So can I send in my app while i wait on transcripts and 1 LOR?

I want to say yes.. I'm for sure on the transcript you just have to make sure to report all grades in the app. I could be wrong about the LOR?? I need to check on this as well.. anyone know for sure?

Last edited:
you can send it in, it just won't be complete till everything arrives.

Ok good. I will try to have it submitted by the end of the week so all i have left is for the transcripts to come in. I will remind my professor to upload her LOR :)

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question in terms of sending out our official transcripts. I took an online course at a different city to add in the load during the spring semester. However, now that I am requesting an official transcript, this might be a problem. In terms of giving TMDSAS the official transcript, is it okay to order all the official transcript to be sent to you and then you attaching the transcript form with the mail? As in is it okay to mail your official transcript (SEALED still) and the TMDSAS transcript form in the same envelope?

THANKS.

I believe they want the transcripts directly from the school. You can't fax the school the form and have them send it?

I believe they want the transcripts directly from the school. You can't fax the school the form and have them send it?

Oh yeah! That sounds like a good idea. I didn't thought of that earlier. lol.

"TMDSAS will accept a transcript sent by an applicant as long as it is in the official sealed envelope from the Registrar. The transcript MUST be accompanied by the Transcript Request Form."

Found the answer to my question!

Do any of the Texas dental schools have secondary application?

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to find the answer to this question, but I have not yet found the answer. In terms of undergraduate GPA, does this include dual credits from high school? For example, if I took history 1 during high school as my dual credit and received a 'C' in the course.

Would my undergraduate GPA will include that 'C' also?

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I had a question of LORs. So my profs/dentist told me they sent their letters in around 5/8, however their status is NOT RECIEVED. Is there some processing time I'm not aware of or has TMDSAS just not recieved them?

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to find the answer to this question, but I have not yet found the answer. In terms of undergraduate GPA, does this include dual credits from high school? For example, if I took history 1 during high school as my dual credit and received a 'C' in the course.

Thanks!

Hey there! I am pretty positive it is calculated into your GPA. When filling out the application I made sure I specified that it was a dual credit course but I also submitted my transcript from the institution where the Dual Credit was coming from (meaning there was a letter grade attached to it), so I am positive it was factored into my GPA.

This is what the application says about Dual Credit:
  • Dual Credit - College credit earned when a high school student is taking a college course for both high school and college credit. If you took college courses while in high school and received only college credit, you should indicate this Course Type as [Regular Class]. The credit must appear on an official transcript from the college. Courses may be taken at the high school or at the college, but need to be listed on the application under the name of the college.
Additionally this might help:
Mail in official transcripts from each college/university you have attended, including:
 Colleges/universities through which you earned dual credit coursework while in high school.
 Colleges/universities through which you earned credit that was then transferred to your home institution.

Hope that helps!

Hi Guys,

I had a question of LORs. So my profs/dentist told me they sent their letters in around 5/8, however their status is NOT RECIEVED. Is there some processing time I'm not aware of or has TMDSAS just not recieved them?

There is some processing time, but since they were turned in rather early they should be processed rather quickly. I think it does take a little bit longer if they were sent by mail...
You might want to try calling, 512-499-4785, they were pretty helpful/friendly last year.

Hi Guys,

I submitted my letter of recommendation on 5/7 and got a confirmation on 5/8.

Hey there! I am pretty positive it is calculated into your GPA. When filling out the application I made sure I specified that it was a dual credit course but I also submitted my transcript from the institution where the Dual Credit was coming from (meaning there was a letter grade attached to it), so I am positive it was factored into my GPA.

This is what the application says about Dual Credit:
  • Dual Credit - College credit earned when a high school student is taking a college course for both high school and college credit. If you took college courses while in high school and received only college credit, you should indicate this Course Type as [Regular Class]. The credit must appear on an official transcript from the college. Courses may be taken at the high school or at the college, but need to be listed on the application under the name of the college.
Additionally this might help:
Mail in official transcripts from each college/university you have attended, including:
 Colleges/universities through which you earned dual credit coursework while in high school.
 Colleges/universities through which you earned credit that was then transferred to your home institution.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! That helps a lot! I guess my GPA will decrease because of that incident. lol, wished I was more serious during high school.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Yes, that would count. All college credit courses taken in hs would count.

Does any one know for sure if you can update grades for future classes or not? I have gotten mixed answer from each schools.

Lets keep the ball running. Did anyone submitted their applications yet?

Good luck, guys! Time goes by fast...

Don't worry if you aren't early. I didn't submit until early August.

Hi! I won't be able to submit my application until early August? How did that work out for you? I'm a little scared because everyone stresses how you should apply early.

Hi! I won't be able to submit my application until early August? How did that work out for you? I'm a little scared because everyone stresses how you should apply early.
Well I went 3/3 for in-state acceptances with 2 scholarship offers, but I also had excellent stats and what I felt was a very strong application. I don't think July/August is late per se, but anything after that is pushing it for pre-December interviews. My interviews started in October IIRC, when I think Baylor started interviewing in late August/early September.