****tmdsas 2013****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed Dr. P this morning and he promptly replied that Houston has not sent any acceptances since Dec. 3rd. Some should go out this week. Yes, I like you freaked when aznboi89x posted as well. Hope everyone has a great month and a great week.

What's funny is that my friend did get accepted from Houston last week. True story. I got shocked too after pierpont told me he hasn't made a second round. Unless it was an individual acceptance not rounds. Not every Texas applicant that gets accepted post on SDN. Majority at my interview at Houston doesn't even know what SDN is... Pierpont did say about 40 offers will go out but who knows... 40 offers and maybe 7 will post on SDN?

Members don't see this ad.

What's funny is that my friend did get accepted from Houston last week. True story. I got shocked too after pierpont told me he hasn't made a second round. Unless it was an individual acceptance not rounds. Not every Texas applicant that gets accepted post on SDN. Majority at my interview at Houston doesn't even know what SDN is... Pierpont did say about 40 offers will go out but who knows... 40 offers and maybe 7 will post on SDN?

Aznboi89x probably isn't lying. My friend got her acceptance to Houston today.

Members don't see this ad :)
one of my buddies got the houston acceptance this morning as well

Can y'all ask your friends when did they interviewed? Such info would be greatly appreciated
I'm wondering if someone from last Tuesday got accepted.

Can y'all ask your friends when did they interviewed? Such info would be greatly appreciated
I'm wondering if someone from last Tuesday got accepted.

My friend and I interviewed on the same day: November 27th, 2012.

Did anyone get an acceptance from SA today? there seems to be a movement in the fb group! Come out of hiding, haha!

I got an acceptance email from Houston today as well. I interviewed on Dec. 4th.

Dr. Segura told us last week that the committee will be meeting this Monday (tmrw) to evaluate our interviews from last week. But that we will not know for three weeks because they go by a three week admission cycle for acceptances. So I guess if you interviewed before last week you might have a chance to hear back this week if the committee decides you should be accepted. She declined to comment on how many spots are open also. Hope this update helps for people who are waiting to hear back from UTHSCSA. Good luck to all of us!

so if you haven't heard back in 3 weeks from when we were interviewed in January, we probably didn't get in?

so if you haven't heard back in 3 weeks from when we were interviewed in January, we probably didn't get in?

Not necessarily. I interviewed the last week of September at SA and got in January 24th.

Congrats to all those who have been accepted. As far as I know one of my friend interviewed last week and was told the same thing that they are still sending out acceptances.
Also did anyone who was accepted on Dec 3 and accepted the offer for Houston receive any other email or packet in the mail apart from the initial acceptance email.
Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from Baylor? or received rejection letters yet?

Did anyone from December 3rd interview at UTHSCSA received their acceptance letter?

So are the Houston acceptances done for this week/month? I haven't seen any activity since Monday.

im sure they have 15 days to respond. its any day after that

Rejection from SA this morning. My heart is beyond broken, that I don't even feel sad.

Rejection from SA this morning. My heart is beyond broken, that I don't even feel sad.

my friend just told me he got the email this morning too. I haven't gotten this email yet. Did it say they are full or does it say that they are no longer interviewing?

Best of luck to you with your other schools. I will most likely be re-applying next round.

The email said they had completed their selection for the class of 2017, so I figure they're done offering.

my friend just told me he got the email this morning too. I haven't gotten this email yet. Did it say they are full or does it say that they are no longer interviewing?

Best of luck to you with your other schools. I will most likely be re-applying next round.

The email said they had completed their selection for the class of 2017, so I figure they're done offering.

did yall interview at UTHSCSA?

I called 2 days ago and Ms. Janet said, 2nd wave of acceptance will go out March 1st. Good luck guys!

Has anyone heard from UT Houston recently? I called them two days ago they said they have't sent any acceptance since December.But, in this thread I saw some people got accepted couple of days ago. :(:(

They said that they sent out second rounds on Feb. 4th. We'll just have to wait for those who got the acceptance to respond and see how many spots are left for third round.

Last edited:
I had to go by UTSD on Friday to get some information before I finally move away from here. I happened to be in the office when a current applicant was asking about the notificaitons. Mary Huerta, who works for Dr. Pierpont in student Affairs, said what stickybear said regarding sending them out on the 4th. Usually about 15 days is given for the 2nd round. After that point, then the adcom needs to schedule a time that they can get together select for the 3rd round.

We were talking to the applicant trying to assure him that even though there aren't as many slots available at this time, his chances aren't over. He was visibly nervous. Mary and I agreed it would be probably around the first week in March before the next round is sent out. I don't think he liked that answer, but he seemed to accept it.

So, for those of you who are waiting, it is probably going to be another 2 weeks before the adcom meets (once the 2nd round acceptances have responded) and another week after that before notifications are sent out. So, don't stress out anymore this month.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm wondering this too... Were rejections only sent to people that did not interview?

Yes, I interviewed at UTHSCSA. I didn't get the email about them completing their selection process but my friend who didn't interview with them did.

To those of who you got the email from UTHSCSA, had yall been interviewed by them yet?

And about the 3rd round being in March... is that for UTHSCSA as well?

Just met Dr. Valenza today (Dean of UTSD Houston). He's a very down-to-earth guy. Told our class that approx. 1400 students applied for 100 positions. Also said that they've had 268 interviews with 167 offers.

Just met Dr. Valenza today (Dean of UTSD Houston). He's a very down-to-earth guy. Told our class that approx. 1400 students applied for 100 positions. Also said that they've had 268 interviews with 167 offers.

so they made 167 offers already or will expect to make 167 total?

UTHSCSA sent out some acceptances TODAY!

no.. i didnt get accepted but my friend did!

Yes today and it was an automated email.

Why does it matter to u since you're doing pharmacy? Lol

hahahaha thanks for stalking buddy :p. But Dental is my first choice and it always has been. Taking a practical approach at my situation, I cant wait forever for dental school to accept me. I have to move on at certain point. Also there are many reasons than just that. :)

Acceptance email from UTHSCSA at 5:24pm! It's automated email as others said!

Accepted to UTHSCSA Feb 17th and interviewed Dec 3rd! Don't lose hope! :)

Last edited: