Tis the season for Giving back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2006MD

Beda hell ker 4 Kalifonya
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've met practitioners (FP, ER) that regularly volunteer their talents at free clinics.
I was wondering if anyone knows of pathologists that help the underserved in a similar manner? Like reading slides for a clinic or something.

Thanks. :D

Members don't see this ad.

2006MD said:
I've met practitioners (FP, ER) that regularly volunteer their talents at free clinics.
I was wondering if anyone knows of pathologists that help the underserved in a similar manner? Like reading slides for a clinic or something.

Thanks. :D

Although not quite the same thing, during my last semester in St. Vincent, I screened cytology cases for the Pathologist there (he had just lost his only cytotech to another job in the U.K.). It only amounted to a couple of hours a week, but since it was my job before medical school, I figured it would be nice to help him out.

I personally don't know of any Pathologists who volunteer their time to read slides...anyone else?

I know a pathologist who is going to a country in South-east Asia as part of his sabbatical. My home school has a project of some sort there.

(Not a tsunami-hit country, and the trip was arranged way before Christmas.)