Tips from Students who scored 20 and Above

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

kathy92840

Hi guys,

I'm taking this test in the summer for the 2007 cycle. Is that a good time to take it or should I take it earlier? And I really really need some help on studying the materials. I'm cramming right now, but I was hoping for a more efficient way to study from people who scored 20 and above. Help!

Members don't see this ad.

kathy92840 said:
Hi guys,

I'm taking this test in the summer for the 2007 cycle. Is that a good time to take it or should I take it earlier? And I really really need some help on studying the materials. I'm cramming right now, but I was hoping for a more efficient way to study from people who scored 20 and above. Help!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=60977

Well the AADSAS application comes out around May/June, and it takes 4-6 weeks to calculate your gpa and 4 weeks to send it out. It takes 2 weeks for the ADA to send your scores to schools. Just plan so that when your application gets to the schools, your DAT scores will be sent by ADA as well. :)

I did a sold week of non stop DAT and scored above 20 in all sections. It is possible! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I read the Kaplan book once through, and did the Kaplan subject tests and that is ALL I did to prepare. That, along with the knowledge that I retained from my classes, is how I got my score on the DAT. Kaplan is not enough preparation for the PAT section though, so make sure you use something else on that part. However, for all the other sections, Kaplan was a great tool!

try to take it as soon as you feel like you can. The earlier you get all this out of the way the more chance (in my mind) of getting into schools. I got in but it was super hard signing up late. :(

I took a class (totally worthwhile, but totally boring) and I ROCKED the DAT. I didn't do a lot of the prep. work, but I didn't leave my house for four days before the test while I crammed like it was my job. I went into the test confident that the hard work I had put into studying and the (sort of) hard work I put into college would get me through. It did. Everything was easier on the DAT than at Kaplan. This was probably also because I actually studied before the real DAT, though. Time ended up not being an issue at all, and in every practice I took I had trouble finishing on time. So believe in yourself!