Army timeline question, LOR questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdboybird

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.)) I want to do a psych residency, I have a Walter Reed ADT set up in July. However, I only have one ADT for fourth year. Is it imperative to do a rotation at TAMC Hawaii?

If I decide to go on a non-ADT rotation in Hawaii, is October to late for an interview?

I'm slightly confused on the timeline for fourth year and how it relates to interview and the military match.

2.)) With MODS being down, how am I supposed compile LORs?

3.)) Are army HPSP students to do ERAS as well?

Thank you,

I appreciate any insight anyone could offer.:)

Members don't see this ad.

1.)) I want to do a psych residency, I have a Walter Reed ADT set up in July. However, I only have one ADT for fourth year. Is it imperative to do a rotation at TAMC Hawaii?

If I decide to go on a non-ADT rotation in Hawaii, is October to late for an interview?

I'm slightly confused on the timeline for fourth year and how it relates to interview and the military match.

2.)) With MODS being down, how am I supposed compile LORs?

3.)) Are army HPSP students to do ERAS as well?

Thank you,

I appreciate any insight anyone could offer.:)
1: If Hawaii is in your sights, you are better off making that your ADT. That way, the Army will pay for your flight, room, and board for the rotation. If you come out of pocket for that you are looking at a few grand. Maybe try to do your non-ADT at Walter Reed. And you are always better off rotating at sites you are interested in matching too...not sure what your rank order list is but shoot for at least 2 sites in your specialty and maybe doing a interview visit at some others.

Regarding timeline, I'm pretty sure you have to have your rank list submitted by October 15, so you want to do your visits and interviews no later than September.

2: Dunno. Chances are Ms. Jones will send out instructions for the application in the coming months, so don't fret.

3: Not sure, but ERAS is only useful if you get a deferment, which the Army rarely does. If you're applying psych I'm betting they won't defer you.

Thank you for the reply,

I am still frustrated by the LOR thing, getting a hold of doctors to update them on writing letters and sending it to the correct authorities is hard