Time Zone Difference - Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GettinAfterIt

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I somehow just realized the two interviews I signed up for were eastern standard time. So they will be starting at 6 AM in the morning, not 9 AM. I feel like an idiot. Do you think they will allow me to reschedule for the PM time? Is it worth emailing the admissions department and possibly affecting their impression of me?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I somehow just realized the two interviews I signed up for were eastern standard time. So they will be starting at 6 AM in the morning, not 9 AM. I feel like an idiot. Do you think they will allow me to reschedule for the PM time? Is it worth emailing the admissions department and possibly affecting their impression of me?
Mistakes happen all the time. So yes email and reschedule.

Reactions: 2 users
Continuing... if they don't allow you to reschedule, I remember going to 5am Grand Rounds. Just do it. You might get sympathy points. Of course, you could be interviewing in Hawaii which would mean getting up even earlier on the clock. Or Japan...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I would stick with the time I signed up for so as to not draw any kind of (potential) negative attention to myself. But in actuality I don't think it hurts to ask, as long as you are asking early in the process.

Reactions: 1 users
Continuing... if they don't allow you to reschedule, I remember going to 5am Grand Rounds. Just do it. You might get sympathy points. Of course, you could be interviewing in Hawaii which would mean getting up even earlier on the clock. Or Japan...
Personally, I would stick with the time I signed up for so as to not draw any kind of (potential) negative attention to myself. But in actuality I don't think it hurts to ask, as long as you are asking early in the process.
Yea I think I'll just bite the bullet. A few years ago, I would've had to fly to another time zone and stay in a hotel. I should count my blessings lol. I just want to perform my best.

Hi OP. If there interview is more than a couple weeks away, feel free to reach out. If not, I'd stick to the scheduled time! Also - congrats on the interview and good luck!