Time Management Skills in Undergrad

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone wants to share his/her time management strategies, especially something that will be useful in undergrad years ?

Thanks for any comments in advance. :luck:

images

Members don't see this ad.

-It's going to take longer than you think.
-You're going to have tons of distractions. If you can't/don't want to find a cave to study in, get good headphones or leave CNN on to blur the other noises.
-Take breaks every 30 minutes or so.
-Stay hydrated.
-Schedule class, homework, activities, etc.
-Keep a good sleep schedule.

Good points jurrasicpark..

I think that time management skills come naturally but you still have to put in some effort. I mean, if you're interested in your studies and want to do well, you'll find a way to balance things. I learned this in grade 10 when I became interested in Science and stuff. Grade 9 was a terrible year for me as I basically slacked off by playing video games all the time and not concentrating much in school..good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
-You're going to have tons of distractions. If you can't/don't want to find a cave to study in, get good headphones or leave CNN on to blur the other noises.

What are the major distractions in college ?

Annoying people in the dorm rooms across the hall getting drunk are the only complaints from the people in my family who are in college. I'm sure there are some minor distractions.

No one is telling what to do and when to do it. No one is making you go to class. No one is making you do your homework. No one is making you study. And frankly, no one cares whether you do or not. There are going to be a billion things to do at college besides school. You are going to need to figure out when it is appropriate to do them and when it is apporpriate to buckle down and get to work.

HINT: If you do a little work each day, your life will be MUCH easier and youll have a lot more fun. You'll also do better in school (unless you are one of those freaks that procastinates til the last night for a 20 page paper and pulls an A-, in which case I salute you.)

Undergrad really isn't that hard... You'll have plenty of time to study, get drunk, do extracurriculars, etc... Don't worry, you'll figure it out when you get there, we all do :)

Undergrad really isn't that hard... You'll have plenty of time to study, get drunk, do extracurriculars, etc... Don't worry, you'll figure it out when you get there, we all do :)

Just don't get drunk AND THEN study. ;)

Distractions could be having to go to meetings, grocery shopping, having to take bills to the post office, being able to just sit down and watch TV if you really want, pretty much anything you can think of. Also, you will need to learn how to prioritize studying. For example, if you have an exam in X in two days and Y in 3 days, you will need to learn how to divvy up your time.