thX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mocizzle12345

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Agree with above. Look at the student handbook. Legal issues are asked about fairly often here on the forums, and it's often tough for us to give definitive advice. Having a lawyer helps. Paying attention to wording matters: I'm not trying to be patronizing, but accused, convicted, arrested, etc. are all obviously different in terms of reporting responsibilities. The warrant part sounds a little concerning to me. Hopefully you get that worked out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with above. Look at the student handbook. Legal issues are asked about fairly often here on the forums, and it's often tough for us to give definitive advice. Having a lawyer helps. Paying attention to wording matters: I'm not trying to be patronizing, but accused, convicted, arrested, etc. are all obviously different in terms of reporting responsibilities. The warrant part sounds a little concerning to me. Hopefully you get that worked out.
I’ve read it, and it’s very ambiguously written. To summarize they retain the right do as they please judicially after they conduct their own investigation. It doesn’t seem like they’re bothered by me not reporting it since I haven’t hid anything intentionally.

In your experience, would getting this dropped legally be sufficient grounds for them to move on from this? Or is there a chance they seek an alternate course? Other then convening with my lawyer, do i have the ability to do anything to help my case?

The warrant issue was resolved

In your experience, would getting this dropped legally be sufficient grounds for them to move on from this? Or is there a chance they seek an alternate course? Other then convening with my lawyer, do i have the ability to do anything to help my case?

The warrant issue was resolved
I'm glad the warrant is resolved.
My only experience with a similar situation is as follows:
One of our male students sent a photo of his genitalia to a female student in his class. The female student reported this to the Student Affairs Dean who had to report it to the Title IX office. A lengthy investigation ensued. The female student chose not report this to law enforcement. There was just enough ambiguity in the events leading up to the "photo shoot" that he was not put on probation or dismissed. The investigation as well as the hate from her friends in the class made for years of misery for the male student. It was also embarrassing because he knew that she had sent it to the faculty in charge.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I'm glad the warrant is resolved.
My only experience with a similar situation is as follows:
One of our male students sent a photo of his genitalia to a female student in his class. The female student reported this to the Student Affairs Dean who had to report it to the Title IX office. A lengthy investigation ensued. The female student chose not report this to law enforcement. There was just enough ambiguity in the events leading up to the "photo shoot" that he was not put on probation or dismissed. The investigation as well as the hate from her friends in the class made for years of misery for the male student. It was also embarrassing because he knew that she had sent it to the faculty in charge.
I really appreciate you disclosing this, thank you

In my case, there was no offended party (especially not affiliated with the school) other than gym staff via cameras (completely unrelated to school property). I’m really banking on the case being dismissed legally, which seems to be the case with that individual as well, it looks like that will help.

Reminds me of a song call " The Joker"
by Steve Miller Band.
I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight stroker
....:rofl:
love this song.

Status
Not open for further replies.