"Three-Step Questions" on Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ropeadope1983

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who already took Step 1, approximately how many "three-step questions" would you say you faced on test day (either as a rough number or %)? If you don't know what I mean by "three-step questions", they are the ones that require you to recognize symptoms/findings, make the diagnosis, and prescribe treatment (or even worse, explain details about the prescribed treatment) all in one question.

Sorry if this question has been answered previously (I looked for awhile and couldn't find a thread on this specifically). If anyone knows of a thread that answers this question please post the link.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who already took Step 1, approximately how many "three-step questions" would you say you faced on test day (either as a rough number or %)? If you don't know what I mean by "three-step questions", they are the ones that require you to recognize symptoms/findings, make the diagnosis, and prescribe treatment (or even worse, explain details about the prescribed treatment) all in one question.

Sorry if this question has been answered previously (I looked for awhile and couldn't find a thread on this specifically). If anyone knows of a thread that answers this question please post the link.

Thanks.

Most are 3 step, with a few that are very easy to see where they are going with the question.

Do as well as you can in your med classes and give it a good month of study and you'll be fine.

The devil is in the detail:D