Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In other news, water is wet, and MDs can publish **** research in high impact journals…

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Very.. er.. odd research topic for today. Maybe in the 1960s but.. interesting. Not quite sure the point behind this. Especially with the merging of residencies to the same standards. Agree with @WhereMyLiberalsAt there are too many unknowns about the samples. For one, the residency training for each group. Were the osteopathic ones all ACGME or AOA trained? Residency plays a huge part in the type of physician one becomes.. the school not so much except for what specialty they become. If the latter then I would argue it speaks against the merger (if a better quality study) as the pushing point was to increase standards but if they produced the same outcome then standards were fine.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my research is more useful and it's complete trash lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I can't wait for their next papers,
"Comparison of Hospital Outcomes for Patients based on med school ranking"
"Comparison of Hospital Outcomes for Patients based on physician med school class quartile"
"Comparison of Hospital Outcomes for Patients based on physician step 2 score".

These people clearly deserve all the NIH funding.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The money spent on publishing this could have gone towards someone's tuition.....

I can't wait for their next papers,
"Comparison of Hospital Outcomes for Patients based on med school ranking"
"Comparison of Hospital Outcomes for Patients based on physician med school class quartile"
"Comparison of Hospital Outcomes for Patients based on physician step 2 score".

These people clearly deserve all the NIH funding.

You forgot the best one......
"Comparison of Hospital Outcomes for Patients based on CASPER scores"

I wish they would compare hospital outcomes for patients based on community vs university training. But the data would probably be flawed anyway.

Reactions: 1 user