Thoughts/opinions on KYCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0cd0c

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts/opinions on KYCO's optometry program.

Only 53% of KYCO's inaugural class of 2020 passed part 1 boards. Part 3 & ultimate pass rates aren't available yet because the school is so new (it's one of the newest, established in 2016). This is kind of scary to me, but I've only seen a couple of threads about KYCO so I was hoping to open up a line of discussion! I'd really appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

They will improve. Every school’s inaugural class is a little shaky on boards. If you like the school I would give it consideration.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I toured there a few weeks ago, and it's a REALLY nice facility. They have a virtual simulation lab, other high techy things, and a lot of study spaces available. I got to talk to some faculty and students, and it really seems like they enjoy being there. With all of that said, I agree with the poster above me -- I think that they'll improve, given time.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe figures will continue to rise as well. I looked at stats for established programs that weren't too far off, which was scary. Ultimately it is dependent on the student. Kyco most definitely gives all the tools to succeed! The campus is quaint and charming. The equipment, technology and setup is truly state of the art. Absolutely recommend a tour! The virtual A&P lab and mock exam lanes are the best I've ever seen. If you hope to be exposed to an expanded scope of practice, recieve all equipment or texts at no additional charge and gain clinical experience in an undeserved area it is a wonderful choice. Cost of living is low and sense of community high as well. Great school systems and daycare options for any parents too!

Reactions: 1 users