Thoughts on this Step 3 study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IM_resident

Reaction score
Registered to take the official exam in December, which leaves 3 months to study.
I'm a new intern and so far have finished 54% of the ~1600 UWorld questions with an average of 61% correct (39th percentile which is below the medium of 45th) on untimed tutor mode by organ system. I also purchased the UWorld Biostats and CCS to complete later. Other study resources I have are MTB Step 3 and Pocket Medicine (just ordered the newest 7th edition which should arrive in a couple months).
My goal is to score really high, like 240-250 range. I am interested in doing fellowship (one of the most competitive ones) so I want to make my app as strong as I can. I attend a community/university program (per FREIDA) which does have the in-house fellowship, yet some of my colleagues are interested in this field as well. For reference, my Step 1 score was 240s, but Step 2CK dropped by at least 20 points. Quite embarrassing though I was scoring around average on my practice exams...

Currently I am on elective month so I have time to study. Next month will be my second wards month, then a month of clinic. Finally I will be doing two weeks of night float. I have about five days between that and the exam to readjust my sleep cycle.
Besides UWorld, what other suggestions do you have to crush this last Step exam?

Members don't see this ad.

The 6 official practice CCS Fred cases, memorizing the stats formulas (for Day 1), learning as much about "worst RF" and "worst prognostic factors" as you can (for Day 2), especially for any disease processes that have scoring systems. Knowing the preventive guidelines extremely well (for Day 2). Knowing drug mechanisms (day 1) and interactions (day 1/2), herbal medicine side effects (day 1/2) are also sometimes overlooked.

Reactions: 1 user